Sign in to follow this  

Knee pads/shin guards?

I know this has been discussed many times as far as brand etc. But I cannot find anything on the following question.

I am a shorter rider and I wear Alpine Star boots that cover a lot of my shin already. I have about 3" from the top of my boot to the bottom of my knee. I have a pair of shin/knee guards but they do not fit in my boot very well and always ride up on my leg after a few minutes. To the point where they are almost useless. Anyone have any suggestions or ideas about different brands etc that might not be as long? Or any that stay down better? I do not have a 3rd strap above the knee currently. What about just knee pads only?

RCWSO

I'm only 5'8" so I have short legs too. I wear alpinstars tech 7's and fox racing raptor knee/shin guards. Both my boots and knee guards fit comfortably and i don't have any problems with the guards riding up. I X the two lower straps over my calves. It seems to hold them in place better then just strapping them strait across.

I wear a pair of FLY knee protectors under my boots. I am not sure what they are called, but the knee cup is on a pivot, so that it bends with you. I am also 5'8. I wear these guards under my Fox Forma Pros and I love them. Don't even notice they are there!