Sign in to follow this  

Question for you kx lovers

Hi, i recently went riding this past weekend and about 30mins into my ride im going through a woop section and go to shift from 2nd to 3rd and it wouldnt shift up, just shifts into like neutral ***? Now it shifted fine on the previous ride 2 weeks before, anyone know whats up? The oil was just changed and everything.

It's scared of the woops. Really did it shift after the woops or is it stuck in between 2nd and 3rd?

Took the clutch out today and it shifts fine and nothing was loose or damaged. But when you shift it into 3rd, you spin the wheel and it does not turn the shaft that the clutch basket is on like it does with first and second gear.

It also does not shift passed 3rd gear. :p Any help is greatly appreciated.

You need to start taking the right case off and look at the shift mechanism. If all is good there then you'll most likely need to get into the tranny.

da shift mechanism is fine. What else in the tranny could it be?

Hold on, let me get out my crystal ball.....

Look at the shift star on the shift drum under the clutch basket. Make sure all the pins are still there. Is there any metal in the oil?

no theres nothing in the oil and me and a buddy of mine both looked at it and everything behind the clutch looks fine...:)

no theres nothing in the oil and me and a buddy of mine both looked at it and everything behind the clutch looks fine...:banghead:

:)

Bent shift fork...

ok so if the shift fork is bent...how could it have happened? cause it was old and just gave way or what? But the thing that bothers me is that it shifted fine 2 weeks ago:banghead:

thanks for the help tho

ok so if the shift fork is bent...how could it have happened? cause it was old and just gave way or what? But the thing that bothers me is that it shifted fine 2 weeks ago:banghead:

thanks for the help tho

Dude, you keep saying "it was fine two weeks ago", that doesn't mean crap! You could have a brand new bike and blow it up in 2 laps from something.....anything. Take the engine out, split the cases and find out what's wrong! :)

• Like 1