Sign in to follow this  

xlx350r carb on xr250

Iv just bought this carb for my bike, its a roundslide keihin pd pumper thats sposed to be 34mm but actualy measures less than 33mm.

Anyway in case anyone wants one, i think pa-motorcycles.co.uk are selling them for £99 a pair

I know a few of u have used this carb before, any advice about setup? the accelerator carb seems way agressive to me, it can shoot a jet a good foot or two lol

Is it usual for accelerator pumps to squirt such a fine jet? i thought it would be better for it to squirt a mist

keep us posted on your progress with this carb please. Very interested to know how it works out, what the jetting issues were, did it mate straight up to the boot. did the stock cables fit it ok.

cherrs

im doin a total stripdown/overhaul of my bike at the mo, including the fitting of a 280 kit.

Im going to refit the stock carb for the break in coz if i use the new carb i might be running lean (hot) which is bad news for break-ins i understand

As for the fitment, the cable arrangement is the same, im only using a pull cable anyway but it looks like the push wud work too.

The carb fits the stock boot at the engine side, but is a little bigger the airbox side. Apparently you can stretch to fit, but ive found you need to take the airbox boot off to do this, and to take the boot off, you need to remove the rear shock!

So instead ive just bought a 400 boot, and il make up a spacer for the stock carb.

The other thing is this carb has cable operated choke, so youl either have to fit a cable, or think of somethin else.

(i might just remove the choke alltogether and choke it by hand at the airbox intake, as i have a quick release seat)