Sign in to follow this  

Sprokets & Chain

Hey!

Been searching for a Sprokets and Chain combo, going with the 14/48 combination :ride: .

I am sure all I have found is a good fit and durable, but can anyone recommend a specific brand that I should look into.

Thanks! :p

I rode my xrr in the desert about 5k a season, best chain and sprockets I found were the DID X ring and Sunstar, good stuff. You can use the X ring for an ATV(slightly thicker) on the 650 too it saves you about 10 bux on price. The only draw back is a clip master link but that's another topic.

ironman sprockets all the way...been through 4 chains on one rear sprocket and looks band new.

i ride about 1,200 miles a month...mostly freeway.

chain is rkxso and get approx. 12-15k out of it.

warranty says 20k, but i haven't gone through that process yet.

I bought a Primary Drive chain/sprockets combo and have had them since last june and hardly look worn

+1:thumbsup:

I think they are the best bang for your buck and a good quality product. I have them on two of my CR's a 500 and a 85 Supermoto bike. I don't have them on my XRR as it had a new chain on it when I bought it.:p

does anybody have an input on Renthal Chain/Sprocket Combo. there is a decent deal on ebay i noticed.

I rode my xrr in the desert about 5k a season, best chain and sprockets I found were the DID X ring and Sunstar, good stuff. You can use the X ring for an ATV(slightly thicker) on the 650 too it saves you about 10 bux on price. The only draw back is a clip master link but that's another topic.

SUnstar/DID combo is the best thing going.

does anybody have an input on Renthal Chain/Sprocket Combo. there is a decent deal on ebay i noticed.

I think Renthal sprockets are about the bottom of the bucket.

Agreed, but Primary Drive Products are pretty good as well, and almost half the price. Sunstar rear sprockets are available in lower tooth counts (47, 46, 45) if you are looking for something lower than stock.

how much would i lose/gain if i went with a 14/49 combo? still debating, mostly used for trail riding and commuting.

14/49 would still be fine for the trails but maybe still too low for comfortable highway speeds

For my XR650L what model of the DID X-ring should I get.. the 520VM or the 525VM? or is it a different model all together?

Thanks!