Sign in to follow this  

'Walking' Pneumonia?

Anyone else here have any experience with this? I've felt tired and kind of sick for about 2 weeks like my body was fighting off something. I just thought it was a sinus infection so I was waiting it out. I finally went to the doc yesterday and she said I had 'walking' pneumonia. I don't feel sick per se but have absolutely zero energy. It's all I can do to get up off the couch. It feels like my legs are going to fold up under me. The doc gave me phenergan w/ codeine but it makes me too sleepy I can't stand it. Does it always do that? Also Docycycl antibiotic. How long am I going to have this no energy thing? It sucks. It was 80 degrees here the past few days and I'm stuck sitting on the couch.:p

I had what you describe in my early 20's. The doc put me on a breathing treatment that made me hack up an enormous amount of brown goo. In 5 days time I felt completely rebuilt. The goal was to clear my lungs. I was trying to race at the time work and go to school and just never had any energy.