Sign in to follow this  

12v cords. GRRRRRRRR

I bought a phone charger and a gps cord from amazon. just cheap ones. they both stopped working within a week of use. really starting to piss me off, I am assuming they dont like the z's vibrations because when I throttle it the power flickers on and off. its not my 12v outlet, it works fine. where can I get a high quality garmin 60csx cord? and a high quality LG cell one?

I went to Kragen and got a 12v to USB adapter and hard wired it to the bike, then zip tied the unit up near the headlight area behind the dash. I'm sure you can find a cable for your gps that goes to USB. The other advantage is I can also charge cell phone when necessary. I was having the same problem you are. Give this some thought, I battled with this issue for weeks before I wired it up finally.:p

I bet you the connection(s) at either of any connecting points of the cord(s) pulled apart from the solder. If you are handy, you can open them up, and can re-solder them back together w/ stronger connections. I have had to re-solder some in the past.:p

http://www.gpscity.com/

For the 60CSX anyway

I have one for the 60csx. are the ones on that site good quality?? does anyone have experience with a 12v cord they have run for a long time and havent had problems with??

Some of those things have a fuse in them. It is possible that the vibrations caused the fuses to fail. Are either of the tips threaded on?

Some of those things have a fuse in them. It is possible that the vibrations caused the fuses to fail. Are either of the tips threaded on?

dont think so. it flickers on and off sometimes. its a connection issue and I didnt bring a soderling iron from mass to cali lol

You don't carry a soldering iron in your wallet? I keep one between my organ donor card and that old unused condom. Do wallet mites chew on latex?