Sign in to follow this  

KX450F 2006 valves

i was thinking of using stainless steel valves instead of titanium valves when i do my valve train . does anyone know if there is a difference in anyway performance wise ? The bike has Pro circuit exhaust the T-4 system , wiseco 13.1 compression piston kit , boyesen accelerator pump , KPS suspension ( kessler pro suspension ) note been using him for suspension for years he's the best !! , and 13/50 gear ratio , also EBC clutch with pro circuit heavy clutch springs .

i was thinking of using stainless steel valves instead of titanium valves when i do my valve train . does anyone know if there is a difference in anyway performance wise ?
Not from first hand experience. SS valves are so much heavier, you'd have to put stacks more load on your valve train. So if you don't high rev it all the time I guess it'd be an option. But I still don't understand why you'd want SS in there. It's not a Honda CRF. 2 in 1000 of KX450F owners prob have an issue with the Ti valves wearing inside of 150 hrs, and one of those 2 probably does poor air filter maint. :p

I rode an 05 CR450F with those springs, and it took some of the snap away. (he did it on purpose) The springs are harder for the engine to open and close, so they rob power to do it! That is the point, some trail riders will do it, 1- to keep the wheel down, 2- easier to maintaine since you do not need to adjust the valves very often at all!

It's not so much the spring stiffness. Its the weight of the SS valves. Not only does it rob power but the heavier valves load up the valve train MORE. Less seat wear but more load on everything else. The cam profiles are no doubt designed to be flicking Ti valves open/shut. Put a SS monster on the end of a lobe and things get different. That's my view. On this engine, I think SS = crazy. KLX = diff cam so diff story.

Because of the heavier weight of the SS valves, you would also need to run the appropriate springs.

pro circuit valves cost $1,000,000, and I don't think you will notice any performance difference. Just make sure which ever valves you choose, you get the seats cut.

stick with titanium, they last a very long time, with steel valves youll have to get the springs swapped out to compensate for the weight, aswell as youll loose (not joking from experience) ALOT of power, (mostly low end). steel are said to last alot longer, but i put some in mine, got them swapped out after 8 hours. i couldnt stand the way it tamed the bike down. Stock ones should do you fine, but its your choice.

pro circuit valves cost $1,000,000, and I don't think you will notice any performance difference. Just make sure which ever valves you choose, you get the seats cut.

Yes, PC valves are a bit pricey and won't do anything for your bike that stock replacements from Kawasaki won't do. Shop around and ask what brands people like over in the engine section of this forum.

Wow! So if a set of Pro Circuit valves costs one million dollars, wouldn't the money be better spent on a stock pile of brand new bikes so that when the valves wear out, you just throw the entire bike out and fire up a brand new bike that only costs a fraction of one million dollars? :thumbsup:

Sarcasm must be a foreign language to you.