Sign in to follow this  

new bike??? 2001 wr250f to 2006 kx250f

Hi all,

I am considering selling my current bike, the wr, that I absolutly love by the way, for the newer kx and I was looking for opinions. my bike is in really nice shape, and has just modest cosmetic mods, but is mainly stock. the kx is in just as nice of condition, with about the same mods I am looking for, as well as a brand new top end, and suspension done with new valves and springs (although set up for about 20 pounds lighter than me), and front and black excel wheels (which I have always wanted). I was looking for opinions on the kx, what will be better, what would be worse, stuff like that. I know this might be a little skewed towards the wr, but just looking for thoughts, especially from those who have rode both. it would cost me 500 bucks to upgrade to the new bike

thanks

Jim

colored rims are a PITA, I always worry about scratching them, cause they look like poo when they are knicked up

500 bucks for 5 years sounds pretty good. but I don't care much for Kawi's and have only ridden KLX's, and a KX100

Depends on what kind of riding you do. The KX will feel much more powerful than the WR and will probably handle better. If you do a lot of slow trail riding or what not the WR will probably be a better fit for you but if it was me I would go with the KX.

also, I have done pretty much all mods on the wr250 engine to basically make it a yz250f, and I love the power delivery, if that helps anything