Sign in to follow this  

sheepskin seat cover?

i saw a pic in another post, and i was wondering where i could get a nice padded sheepskin pad like this to go over my corbin for longer distance rides. anyone know where to get one?

edit: can't seem to post the pic, but here's a link to the thread with the pic i'm talking about. about halfway down....

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=755302&highlight=luggage

Alright, Gents!

I have never seen a sheepskin on a dirtbike before, Until today.

I learn something new everyday.:p

Barb at Alaskan Leather had my GS buttpad to me in two days. Can't beat their service. However, if you want black, order black. Natural, although it looks black on the site is really dark brown.

When I bought mine from Alaskan, there was a promo. You were getting a discount if you typed "DEADSHEEP" into some box while checking out. I hope it's still on.

what size did you guys end up going with? which one - the rally, or deluxe?

I got a nice piece of sheepskin from a local saddle maker for 5 bucks. It covers my entire KLR seat. I got another hunk off ebay for less than 20 bucks and cut it to fit another bike.

Do these sheepskin pads make much of a difference for comfort? I think it would be embaressing to use one, but I've been doing some 6-10 hour riding days lately and it's painfull. I have no ass so I need some padding to help out :banghead:

My dad uses one on his gold wing and it always makes me laugh. I picked up a bike two weeks ago and am seriously thinking of swallowing my pride and saving me rear.

Do these sheepskin pads make much of a difference for comfort? I think it would be embaressing to use one, but I've been doing some 6-10 hour riding days lately and it's painfull. I have no ass so I need some padding to help out :banghead:

I could not have done my Iron Butt ride without mine!

sure the sheepskin might look a little goofy but i really dont care what others think... it's my ass on the thing and i like it .... A LOT :banghead:

I found a sheepskin seat cover at autozone or checker & cut it down to size, then glued a strap under to tie it to the seat. I don't use it for day trips, but longer adventure rides I want that seat to be comfy!

They really do work, too. The wool wicks moisture away, preventing chafing, it cools by letting some air to flow, & it provides a little padding over the seat. When it rains, they do get wet, though!

078e.jpg

sure the sheepskin might look a little goofy but i really dont care what others think... it's my ass on the thing and i like it .... A LOT :banghead:

I second that. The sheepskin pads work.

Barb at Alaska Leather is great to do business with.

easy as pie. actually easy as lingonberries.

Go to Ikea, get a sheep wren. $20 or less. Cut in half, sell half to buddy so you don't look as silly with a white pad. Cut small holes, attach to bike with velcro straps, or what ever you have hanging about.

Tada, saved a ton, and cushion for the bottom. It saved my arse on a three trip state on the DR350 last summer. Yes, I rode it the whole way, no soreness at all.

I later had greatdaytoride.com mod my seat, but still used it now and then anyway.

easy as pie. actually easy as lingonberries.

Go to Ikea, get a sheep wren. $20 or less. Cut in half, sell half to buddy so you don't look as silly with a white pad. Cut small holes, attach to bike with velcro straps, or what ever you have hanging about.

Tada, saved a ton, and cushion for the bottom. It saved my arse on a three trip state on the DR350 last summer. Yes, I rode it the whole way, no soreness at all.

I later had greatdaytoride.com mod my seat, but still used it now and then anyway.

Ikea is still pretty far for some people. I don't think any state has more than one.

Plus the Ikea sheep is white which will get nasty looking quick. Internet could provide cheaper sheep skin and have it in black