Sign in to follow this  

RAM mount version 2

It's a ball type mount for mounting your GPS, Camera, ipod, etc....

I'm interested as I was planning on doing the same thing. I couldn't find the mount with the right thread pitch for the hole.

Erm, forgive me but, what is it????

It's part of the RAM MOUNT system. Sorta of a gimble arrangement that lets you have adjustments when you mount this:

cupholder.jpg

They also have special holders for ipods, specific GPS, radar, or camera holders, etc.:p

I'm interested as I was planning on doing the same thing. I couldn't find the mount with the right thread pitch for the hole.

Stay tuned, How-to coming up

Tony

Dude. I saw the how-too first, PM one of the moderators to join the threads into one. Please make on for ME PLEASE?

If you pay the snail mail fee, I can send you Version 1 for free, PM me with your details. You don't wanna know how many drill bits & taps I broke.:) Better to go slow and use the cutting oil and let the bits cool between drillings.

It's not cheap to do this mod, but I think it's worth it.

1 mount $12.50

1 med mount arm $14

1 carrier ie. cupholder $18.50

M10 bolt & nuts $2.50

Oh well, help out the economy an bling the bike

It's part of the RAM MOUNT system. Sorta of a gimble arrangement that lets you have adjustments when you mount this:

cupholder.jpg

They also have special holders for ipods, specific GPS, radar, or camera holders, etc.:)

I need one of these cup holders!

I have the ram mount for my GPS, but I have the handlebar clamp+1 inch adjuster.