Sign in to follow this  

sdg tall seat

hows it going guys i just installed a brand new sdg tall seat and it is like sitting on a 2x4 i was just wondering if they break in after time because i cant see riding with this seat very long if it stays as hard as it is

thank you....martin

hows it going guys i just installed a brand new sdg tall seat and it is like sitting on a 2x4 i was just wondering if they break in after time because i cant see riding with this seat very long if it stays as hard as it is

thank you....martin

Yes, they soften up over time. Or, your a*s gets immune to the seat. :p

But then again, I'm an old cyclist who use to ride for miles & miles with hard road bicycle seats.:ride:

sdgmoose.jpg

Mine didn`t.....But as the above post suggest....You might get used to it...or in my case.......My @#% is seasoned by a whole lot of mountain biking......:p:ride:

Erling

i've had mine on for over a year and yes it does ease up, i love mine as it gives me a slightly better riding position!!

Put one on my S last year. Haven't been able to ride due to massive amounts of snow since mid November. I hope it breaks in real fast as I'm 61 and, well, how much longer will I be able to do this...? I know that "My" seat has softened up, but that doesn't help much when riding. That's just a fact of life.

The SDG tall seat feels like it has higher density foam, which IMO makes it better than the stock seat. My ass would start to protest after about two hrs on the stocker....the SDG was a major improvement along with improving the ergonomics of the bike.

Yeah, the SDG is a bit more firm than stock, but I think being tall, even though the foam is firmer, because it's about and inch, maybe inch and a half deeper at the place where I usually sit, it's finally easier on my rump. I used to be able to go about 1.5 hrs. before going numb--now I can go out 2 hrs before I lose sensation. I also make it a point to stand on the pegs when there's an easy and safe opportunity, and even a minute standing extends ride time by getting some circulation south of the belt line.

I have a SDG tall. for 3 years. Mine is hard as a rock and hasn't loosened up in the least. I hate it. But it has such a nice cover. After about 1 hour its killing me. I'm not a hater...just stating facts.

i went for a short ride yesterday still really cold hahaha and i loved the riding position what a difference... hopefully it loosens up a bit thank for all the replies happy riding...martin

I'm in the minority here. I don't mind the stock seat. My problem is that I want an all black one. Mine has the blue sides. because of this, I'm gonna get a black Renazco when I get some money together.

I'm in the minority here. I don't mind the stock seat. My problem is that I want an all black one. Mine has the blue sides. because of this, I'm gonna get a black Renazco when I get some money together.

There is usually someone trying to sell an "all black" seat cover in the TT classifieds or on ebay all the time.....It's actually much harder to find one in blue/black......trust me(it took me three or four months to find one, and then I ended up buying another complete seat).

i went for a short ride yesterday still really cold hahaha and i loved the riding position what a difference... hopefully it loosens up a bit thank for all the replies happy riding...martin

If you find you don't like it and wish to sell it, PM me. Thanks, Joe