Sign in to follow this  

2004 rm 250

picking up a 2004 rm 250 tomorrow for 1200 bucks, cant wait for spring now!!! let me know of the good and bad for this bike if you have one.

newpig.jpeg

thanks for the link!! I was wondering also what people are running for oil in the case? I've been out of the 2 stroke world for a while

Get ready for the most arm yanking 250 two-stroke ever made. I run 10-w40 in mine with 32:1 in the tank. Make sure you inspect the bike throughly before you put much riding on it. For 1200 dollars it had to have been ridden pretty hard. I paid $2000 for mine and had to replace ever bearing in it and the top end after a few short rides. Fresh oil in the suspension also goes along way.

yea, I hear the power is amazing, I plan on going through the entire bike since I have a good amount of time before riding really starts. The bike has tag triple clamp/bars, fmf gold pipe with power core muffler, wiseco top end, waved rotors, pro wheels (gold). and some other odds and ends so. I couldn't let this deal go by even if I have to replace some things. I will most likely ride it for the summer and strip the whole thing down during the fall and Winter and do a complete overhaul.

The bike has tag triple clamp/bars, fmf gold pipe with power core muffler, wiseco top end, waved rotors, pro wheels (gold).

Don't forget to change the packing in the silencer for top performance.

just picked up the bike, runs super strong, gonna start tomorrow by taking off all the stickers and cleaning up the plastics, going through all the little nuts and bolts yada yada, take it for a test spin on the dirt road before I strip it down to nothing.

Check the rear suspension componets for new grease and get some pics up in the sticky. Take the time now to fully go over the bike before any small problems turn into a big problem.

it's got REP suspension, just was revalved and resprung, real tight no leaks. took it out for a test ride and I'm truly scared of the power coming off a 250f and not riding for about a year!!! I'm very excited and cant wait to get it to the track to see what it can really do.