Sign in to follow this  

xr600 vs

Anybody race any two strokes in a dragrace.How do they do against a 125 or 250? Been long time since I rode a two stroke.Figure the 600 has my mods below.Thanks guys

MY buddies have both and the 125 blew up cuz it ate so much of my dust!!! (not really)

When i raced my buddies 250 (my bike is stock) i beat him until i was in 3rd. Once the 250 hooked up he flew through the gears and passed me no problem. It was close but they pick up speed alot faster than these big bikes.

Now your bike is another story. It might be able to show them whats up

Depends on what you are doing. On a track forget it. On trails you need to be a fast rider to win on a 600. Out in the open, they don't have the gearing to go 85 like my XR will do. Back in the 90's the Baja 1000 was a test between the XR600 and the KX500.

Out in the open, they don't have the gearing to go 85 like my XR will do.

+1:thumbsup:

If the field we raced was longer i would have easily passed the 250 no prob

They hit top speed and die where as the 600 will keep on rolling:ride:

Im not talking on a track.Just in a dirt or grass type drag race.

All conditions being equal, the 600 usually loses the short distance due to the 250 MX bike's lower weight and high power. I beat a late '80s XR600 with a '92 CR250 once. I got the jump, but that lead started disappearing after we got past ~80. We only ran to what read as 90mph on the XR's speedo because that's when my 250 signed off, so I was still ahead when we let off. I would have lost if the race was longer.

My 600 will do 97mph on GPS with stock 14/48 gears and a worn out back tire. I have little doubt that it can do 100+ with 15/48 and the new tire....I just have to get out on a "good air day" and try. Not many CR250s are set up to do that.

Ive also went to a 13 on front sprocket.Does that hurt or help in a drag race?