Sign in to follow this  

Street Legal 250X. is it possible?

ok so i just got my 06 250x with jd jetting kit, works connection radiator braces and skid plate... i absolutely love it.. but i was wondering if its possible to plate the 250x and turn it into a street legal machine? is there a kit i need to get it plated.. or what? this would make it the ultimate bike and then i would be able to do the "cascade challenge" where we start here in my hometown and ride up to greenwater and take jeep trails across the mountain... but since my bike is not street legal i have no way to legally do this.

thanks!

~josh

btw i live in washington:ride:

yes.... just look into what needs to be on the moto to make it street legal... I ride a plated 05 250x... but I'm in Cali where its alot tougher to make them street legal... good luck!!!!

Real tough in WA with an ORV coded VIN number. You can do the ride you mentioned on trails, but a plate does open up more possibilities.

i got my 07 250x a dakar dual sport kit from oemcycle.com. I couldn't be happier. Comes with everything you need to make it street legal, except the speedomiter and a mirror. The kit comes with a new headlight with low and highbeam, with a white number plate sticker, i kept mine off, blinkers, horn, ignition switch!, handle bar switch with a highbeam indicater, brake lights, tail light, and a bit more.

For a speedomiter, i put a trail tech vapor speedomiter/tachometer which is #1! Nothing better. i also got the trail tech light indicator braket to make it stay on my handlebar.

I've had the bike new since august, it was a left over from the dealer ship. All i've done on it so far is put in gas and changed the oil, no mods or nothing.

I Maxed her out and made her cut out at 124.7 km/h with 12,250 rpm.

But thinking of getting a smaller rear sprocket to make it go faster on the road.

49t is about right, downside is you need to remove 2 links from the chain and press a new masterlink on. upside is, throw a 13t on the front when you need low gearing again and it's just like stock.