Sign in to follow this  

505-xc oil all over.

Had the valves checked mechanic saidn they were a little loose, Also added the 8oz flywheel.

took the bike for a short ride this weekend notice oil pumping from the right side of the motor from the weep hole at the top of the the valve cover.

Any input on what went wrong ??

I was really hoping for some input as to what would cazuse the bike to push oil out of the vent hose at the top of the valve cover ??

My XCF leaked oil out the weep hole near the top of the valve cover on the exhaust side. I pulled the valve cover off, cleaned the valve cover gasket, and added some RTV to the seal around the spark plug hole and it solved the issue.

• Like 1

Had the valves checked mechanic saidn they were a little loose, Also added the 8oz flywheel.

took the bike for a short ride this weekend notice oil pumping from the right side of the motor from the weep hole at the top of the the valve cover.

Any input on what went wrong ??

Most likely your valve cover gasket is not sealing or not installed properly. there are several rubber pieces needed to seal the cover. 4 grommets for the cover bolts, 1 rubber gasket for spark plug hole, and valve cover rubber seal itself. . I would NOT recomend silicone on it though. If installed properly it shouldnt leak.

• Like 1

Most likely your valve cover gasket is not sealing or not installed properly. there are several rubber pieces needed to seal the cover. 4 grommets for the cover bolts, 1 rubber gasket for spark plug hole, and valve cover rubber seal itself. . I would NOT recomend silicone on it though. If installed properly it shouldnt leak.

Thanks for the info.

Problem solved,Oil leak was the result of the gasket not being checked on the install. (gasket for the spark plug hole)

TT members to the rescue once again. I know I wasn't much help but make sure you spread some good gas around for those who did help. Welcome to the orange side.

Awesome group for support,hopefully one day I can add some info of Value to the site.

Thanks again.