Sign in to follow this  

dualstar mirrors help

I talked to them yesterday, the guy said an order is comming in soon to fill backorders. The guy said 2 weeks if I ordered that day. So, you guys should have them sooner than me...I had them on my last bike and they are a good piece. Grip heaters on 2 weeks b/o as well.

I had heard the "Dual Star" fella could take a while to get product out so I created my own review mirror. The Dual Star looks incredibly like the "Third Eye" bicycle mirrors. I found a Third Eye bar end mirror on Ebay for $12. I combined that with a brass angle bracket and a hose clamp to come up with my own "Terry Star" dual sport mirror! The two rubber cushions quell all vibrations for a clear view.

mirror_1122.jpg

• Like 1

That is exactly what DualStar sells. The only difference is the their angle bracket has a sight curve to match the diameter of the handlebar so you aren't trying to clamp something flat to a cured surface.

I think DualStar lists some items in their catalog that they have never had in stock!

Bruce

I am also still waiting, its been a little while. Anyone get their mirrors yet?

I had heard the "Dual Star" fella could take a while to get product out so I created my own review mirror. The Dual Star looks incredibly like the "Third Eye" bicycle mirrors. I found a Third Eye bar end mirror on Ebay for $12. I combined that with a brass angle bracket and a hose clamp to come up with my own "Terry Star" dual sport mirror! The two rubber cushions quell all vibrations for a clear view.

mirror_1122.jpg

I see that nothing has changed with Dual Stars' customer service. I ordered mine last year and waited 2 months. I finally called to cancel my order and the guy acted offended, he couldn't believe I would even consider losing my position on his precious back order list. I ended up waiting and eventually got them. I have an idea for Dual Star. They could work all winter and have an inventory for the spring rush, bet they didn't think of that...

T-square, great idea and first post, welcome, but you really need a big bore kit... :)

I faxed them yesterday asking for a status reply, She just called me and said mine were shipped on the 19th.....

I am starting to get pissed. I can't get them to answer their phones, when you go to leave a message, their mailbox is "full."

What kind of company are they running??

:thumbsup:

Mine took about 6 weeks and 2 phone calls. Seem like very nice people but it's no way to run a company. How hard could it be to order an adequate inventory of components and employees to assemble the parts?

Incidently, the glass on mine broke the first day of riding at Ocotillo Wells. No crash, not sure how it happened. I chipped out the broken glass and replaced it with the convex auto mirror as others have done, perfect fit and the wide angle lets you see on both sides of your torso if adjust it carefully.

I was ready to order some this week, I called 3 times a day all week long and sent them a fax for them to call me...no response. *** I sould have ordered some a couple weeks ago when I had him on the phone.

Max, not sure if it would have helped. I have no clue where mine are at, and I haven't heard from them or can get ahold of them.

maybe they are out of business. ha

She told me mine were shipped on the 19th...must be on a slow boat somewhere because they still haven't showed up. Could of used them this last weekend for some of that tight stuff which beat the stockers up and busted off my rear turn signals. Time for the euro fender and low profile blinkers.

Finally.

:confused:

I got them to answer the phone, after several calls everyday for the last week. She said that the mirror orders are in and are shipping the first week in April. I ordered mine about 4 or 5 weeks ago.

Hope all that is waiting get theirs soon..

:thumbsup:

called 3 times yesterday and 3 times today...still no answer ***...what time are you guys getting through to them??