Sign in to follow this  

Going to Cougar Buttes 3-21 for the 1st time

Looks like it is easy to get there Camp Rock Rd. to Granite then turn right to the end. Anything going on that weekend there ? Where is the best place to camp with a family and a large motorhome ? Is there a "Must check out" area by there ? Anyone want to post some pictures ?

You've got the directions right. Buy firewood in Lucerne. Go right off Granite road when you see the sign and head over to the granite hills, plenty of nice spots for a big rig.

Not sure if there are races or not, someone will chime in with a schedule...

First day of spring weekend and my b-day, getting younger! Might be out there tent camping with my son.

When you go up Granite, the staging area is to the right after you pass the first pile of rocks on your right. There are many great camping areas. Just keep heading up towards the larger rocks and you will find what you are looking for. There are no off road races or D37 races out there that weekend. There could be rock crawlers or trials riders, but probably not.

great spot! just prepare for the cold at night and bring lots of firewood without any nails in it.

My mustcheckout area is the ride to slash X

but be sure to go over to the "the finger" for some different views than camp rock area.

great spot! just prepare for the cold at night and bring lots of firewood without any nails in it.

My mustcheckout area is the ride to slash X

but be sure to go over to the "the finger" for some different views than camp rock area.

Ord has some killer trails for sure, but make sure you have alot of range, a round trip from JV to the X is 60 miles.:)