Health Food / Drink question...

I'm trying to stay fit / in shape for riding.

I know soda is a no no.

My question about drinking is..

Is Propel water ok?

I really don't like just drinking water, so my question is just about Propel, if its healthy enough to drink for 9/10 of my beverages.

Now, about food.

I eat healthy for meals, but.. I like to snack between meals.

Is there a specific fruit / vegi or something like that, that would be ok to snack on?

Or just cut it out 100%

Thanks for the help.

When I need a snack I usually grab an apple or banana or a couple strawberries. I dont see how that can hurt u at all. Im also working on drinking only water too, its not as bad as I thought itd be but its not like I would never drink it before though

Force yourself to drink regular water for a couple of days then your mental block of not liking it will be gone. Sort of like switching to diet soda. It takes a couple of days to get used to it.

Yep. Too much junk in that other stuff. It's one thing if you really need the electrolytes, but plain water should be it.

I like to snack too. Are you talking about a sweet tooth, or snacks like nachos?

If it's a sweet tooth, try some yogurt (read the ingredients, get the kind without a ton of sugar or other junk) or some good dark chocolate. Those curb the sweet tooth cravings for me.

If it's nachos or other snacks, try some nuts instead. I eat a handful of almonds or walnuts. Good for you and gives you a protein boost too.

Fruits and veggies are nothing but good.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I used to drink G2 Gatorade 95% of the time but then I decided to quit and I switched to water. I didn't like it for the first couple of days but now I would rather have water than to have a Gatorade. BTW bottled water is so much better than tap water. And also different brands tastes differently.

I'm trying to stay fit / in shape for riding.

I know soda is a no no.

My question about drinking is..

Is Propel water ok?

I really don't like just drinking water, so my question is just about Propel, if its healthy enough to drink for 9/10 of my beverages.

Now, about food.

I eat healthy for meals, but.. I like to snack between meals.

Is there a specific fruit / vegi or something like that, that would be ok to snack on?

Or just cut it out 100%

Thanks for the help.

That stuff is a no no......... Other than that only 25 cal per 20 oz serving.....

Ingredients

WATER, HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, CITRIC ACID, SODIUM HEXAMETAPHOSPHATE (TO PROTECT FLAVOR), NATURAL FLAVOR, POTASSIUM SORBATE (PRESERVES FRESHNESS), ASCORBIC ACID (VITAMIN C), SODIUM CITRATE, POTASSIUM CITRATE, SUCRALOSE, ACESULFAME POTASSIUM, NIACINAMIDE (VITAMIN B3), CALCIUM DISODIUM EDTA (TO PROTECT FLAVOR), VITAMIN E ACETATE, CALCIUM PANTOTHENATE (VITAMIN B5), PYRIDOXINE HYDROCHLORIDE (VITAMIN B6)

I have found it hard to drink lots of plain water. I strongly agree that most people don't drink nearly enough water. Especially before, during and after exercise. I like to flavor it up a bit. Try squeezing a lemon or two into a gallon of water and keep it the fridge or water jug. Or a cup of OJ to a gallon of water. Just something to give it a little kick.

Fruits and vegies for snacks. The key is to have them ready and available. If you gotta prepare something or go to the store when you want it, you probably won't. We tend to grab what is available. Like the COOKIE!! At least I do anyway.

When you're resting drink plain water. When your working out or plaing hard some of those electrolites are helpful. Sometimes I'll dilute Gatorade down 50% with water. Sometimes just a splash of fruit juice will break the surface tension enough to help absorb a bit more water. Especially on hot race days, straight water just make me pee like crazy dehydrating me more. For the most part though on a day to day basis, get used to drinking water. Squeeze a touch of lemon in it if you must.

As a weight lifter and avid mt biker + my brother is in the health sports field and is a power lifter...

50% sports drink (gatorade is fine) with 50% SPRING water! Do not drink purified water. There are NO minerals in purified water and it actual strips your body of nutrition.

I use any green tea I can find (snapple, Lipton) and mix it with 50% water.

If you have to drink purified because you just bought 4 cases than mix some "Source Naturals" Trace minerals in the water

http://www.sourcenaturals.com/products/GP1087/

(avoid anything with IRON)

Strongly avoid high fructose corn syrup, or any corn syrup for that matter--the stuff is poison! Pepsi, coke POISON!

I eat a lot of fruit and vegetables. Once you get used to veggies and cut out the sugar junk food you will crave healthy food.

I snack on broccoli, cantaloupe, tomatoes, spinach, nuts, BLT sandwiches (watch the mayo), lots of lettuce, fish once a week, or take a OMEGA 3 fish oil supplements. Take a multivitamin (no iron!). Source naturals is one of the best. A protein shake makes a good meal replacement. Don't buy anything with artificial sweeteners!

I wouldn't change your diet overnight! work into it slowly so you do not jump back to your old habits from being shell shocked from the sudden change!

I feel wonder all the time, never get sick, no stomachaches, no heartburn or any health problems and I attest it to my diet! You are what you eat!

My friends who are all younger then me are all sick 1-2 times a year and on some sort of med for heartburn or whatever--they all eat junk food/fast food 24/7

As a weight lifter and avid mt biker + my brother is in the health sports field and is a power lifter...

50% sports drink (gatorade is fine) with 50% SPRING water! Do not drink purified water. There are NO minerals in purified water and it actual strips your body of nutrition.

I use any green tea I can find (snapple, Lipton) and mix it with 50% water.

If you have to drink purified because you just bought 4 cases than mix some "Source Naturals" Trace minerals in the water

http://www.sourcenaturals.com/products/GP1087/

(avoid anything with IRON)

Strongly avoid high fructose corn syrup, or any corn syrup for that matter--the stuff is poison! Pepsi, coke POISON!

I eat a lot of fruit and vegetables. Once you get used to veggies and cut out the sugar junk food you will crave healthy food.

I snack on broccoli, cantaloupe, tomatoes, spinach, nuts, BLT sandwiches (watch the mayo), lots of lettuce, fish once a week, or take a OMEGA 3 fish oil supplements. Take a multivitamin (no iron!). Source naturals is one of the best. A protein shake makes a good meal replacement. Don't buy anything with artificial sweeteners!

I wouldn't change your diet overnight! work into it slowly so you do not jump back to your old habits from being shell shocked from the sudden change!

I feel wonder all the time, never get sick, no stomachaches, no heartburn or any health problems and I attest it to my diet! You are what you eat!

My friends who are all younger then me are all sick 1-2 times a year and on some sort of med for heartburn or whatever--they all eat junk food/fast food 24/7

Some good stuff here. Question - What's with "No iron" ? I have never heard that.