want to run 32:1 but.............

i rejetted to hopefully run premix at 32:1. i wanted to use amsoil interceptor as it reports a low flash point. but the bottle states it should be mixed at 50:1. any other oils that have a low flash point that do not have a ratio requirement?

dont regard the bottle...

Run any oil at whatever you want.

Amsoil has a lot of detergents....so if anything your motor will look clean when its apart.

i rejetted to hopefully run premix at 32:1. i wanted to use amsoil interceptor as it reports a low flash point. but the bottle states it should be mixed at 50:1. any other oils that have a low flash point that do not have a ratio requirement?

You are on to something in regards to the low flash point. Pick one with a high flash point (Motul) and you too will be full of spooge. :p

You can most certainly use it at 32:1.

shrubitup-

my concern with the amsoil interceptor at 32:1 would be that it would be too think as the bottle aks for 50:1. is smaoil that much thinker of an oil?-i wonder..

I run amsoil dominator at 32:1 and it runs great! On the bottle it says to run 50:1 but i like having the extra oil. More oil isnt going to hurt anything. I got some Interceptor stuff from one of my relatives and i wasn't a fan of it, it seemed to make the bike rev slower, although my bike is jetted to run on dominator.

shrubitup-

my concern with the amsoil interceptor at 32:1 would be that it would be too think as the bottle aks for 50:1. is smaoil that much thinker of an oil?-i wonder..

You can run 50:1 if you aren't doing MX racing or sand dune riding where you'd constantly be on the gas. Make sure you're jetting isn't lean if you run 50:1. I just run the 32:1 and jet it to run at that ratio (a bit lean).

Oil is your friend! More is more power, more longevity, and more....well money I guess.

The bottles are advertising only. Companies want to claim this or that....but at the end of the day...don't trust what they say!

Just run the mix ratio at what you want (I suggest 32:1) and jet to get it right!

my jetting is for about 1700 alt, low 70's, jetting as follows:

45, 172, stock needle (05 YZ250)#2 position and looking to run 32:1. riding is desert trails in socal.

"Oil is your friend! More is more power, more longevity, and more....well money I guess.

The bottles are advertising only. Companies want to claim this or that....but at the end of the day...don't trust what they say!

Just run the mix ratio at what you want (I suggest 32:1) and jet to get it right!"

No Way dude!!! Too much oil can actually lean out your jetting.

• Like 1

"Oil is your friend! More is more

Thats why you jet for it, he is right. More oil means more power, it gives a better ring seal. i read somewhere on here of a test on a bike that kept adding more oil to mix and ran on the dyno the bike made more power the richer they went each time all the way up to 18:1. I dont understand no where people have got this less oil is better from. why woulldnt you want more oil lubing you crank bearing, helping to reduce heat and friction in your cylinder as well as helping to get a better ring seal. seems like its better to run more oil to me. i like amsoil dominator at 30:1 jetted properly my bike is always nicely lubed on tear down, no splooge and i have never fouled a plug. a good engine builder know to this site told me the Best way to check if you pre mix ratio is good for your riding style and bike, is on a tear down stick a chop stick down into the bottom of crank case betten the wheels, you want to have better 1/8 to a 1/4 inch of oil down there, more that that and run a bit leaner ratio less than that and richen up the ratio

• Like 2

"Oil is your friend! More is more power, more longevity, and more....well money I guess.

Just run the mix ratio at what you want (I suggest 32:1) and jet to get it right!"

If you read the whole post he does say "jet to get it right". So if your jetting does get to lean by running more oil, it's a simple fix to go up a size on your jets. More oil gives better compression and makes the engine last longer.

Well I run opti 2 and even at 50:1 its smokey(vs yamalube 40:1)! End of the year I was running 65:1 vs the bottle saying to use at 80:1. But Opti is different than the competition. Some of my friends have run 80:1 for 5 years no problems. Another at 70:1 and no problems. In alberta opti2 is very popular due to it being more friendly to the environment.

Another opti benefit is the harder you bag on it the better it lubricates!

Well I run opti 2 and even at 50:1 its smokey(vs yamalube 40:1)! End of the year I was running 65:1 vs the bottle saying to use at 80:1. But Opti is different than the competition. Some of my friends have run 80:1 for 5 years no problems. Another at 70:1 and no problems. In alberta opti2 is very popular due to it being more friendly to the environment.

:)

Thats scary :)

hollywood,

i have heard folks using opti 100:1 with good results for years. me, i do not have the nuts for it. maybe someday....

I need you guys to explain this whole theory of more oil mean mores power... you say that the oil seals your rings better.

then please explain why ski-doos new e-tec 2 stroke sled engine use a computerized injector system to squirt just enough oil on the crank bearings to keep them from burning out but now os much you have oil sitting in your crank case. they are siad to use 1/3 of the oil and 1/3 of the gas consumption on older 2 stroke engines. they are not putting oil on the rings..

please explain!!!!

I need you guys to explain this whole theory of more oil mean mores power... you say that the oil seals your rings better.

then please explain why ski-doos new e-tec 2 stroke sled engine use a computerized injector system to squirt just enough oil on the crank bearings to keep them from burning out but now os much you have oil sitting in your crank case. they are siad to use 1/3 of the oil and 1/3 of the gas consumption on older 2 stroke engines. they are not putting oil on the rings..

please explain!!!!

i bet those engines are multi ringed and lower hp per cc.

i bet there would be gains over stock by adding oil and jetting for it.

Run the ratio that manufacture of the oil recommends.

Here is a link to an article Super Hunky wrote.

http://dirtbike.off-road.com/dirtbike/Tech+Archives/Two-Stroke-GasOil-Ratios/ArticleStandard/Article/detail/400487

excerpts from the article:

The best bet is to consult the owner’s manual and follow the advice of the engineers who designed the motorcycle.

Our advice then, is to buy a quality oil and run it at a moderate ratio. We’ve used 32:1 for many years. In race bikes that are ridden hard, we might go a trifle richer at say … 28:1. For a trail bike, 40:1 would be the way to go, assuming that you used a quality oil. If you own a mild-mannered bike, consider a 50:1 ratio.

The E-Tec is a DI engine with an autolube system. It's really not comparable with our bikes.

The normal 2T snowmobile engines use a lot of oil when at heavy throttle.