Sign in to follow this  

dynojet question

im buying a xronly exhaust,kn filter dyno jet kit.what jets come in this jet kit and what ones should i use,also should i go up one size on the pilot with this kit.im at sea level thanks mike

im buying a xronly exhaust,kn filter dyno jet kit.what jets come in this jet kit and what ones should i use,also should i go up one size on the pilot with this kit.im at sea level thanks mike

Mike if you are going to remove the snorkle on top of the airbox too then go with the DJ 165 main jet (the larger of the two) and get yourself a keihin 55 or 58 pilot jet too...You`ll likely find the 55 to be enough though..:p

I`ve read here and at alot of other forums that the K&N lets fine particulate pass so i`d pop for a UNI foam filter unless you plan to stay on the slab and no off roadin`:ride:

Hey you know the XR`S Only can is really loud don`t you,unless you like pissing everyone off i`d get the quite insert from them too..

Brian

the dj kit comes with two jets one for stock exhaust (160) and one for aftermarket ehxaust (165) its spelled out in the directions. you may do a search for this. there's a ton of info on jetting. you may consider "Daves Mods" instead of DJ kit..:p

I haven't tried Dave's mod yet (not saying that I won't) but I did install the dynojet kit (used the 160 main) and a K&N last night. Everthing else is 100% stock and it is running very good with really close to zero decelleration popping.I can now VERY easily throttle up the front tire :banghead:

The Dynojet kit does recommend using the 165 main for an aftermarket exhaust and it's my guess you'll be running pretty well :)

Let us know how you like the XRs only pipe please.... that is the pipe I am looking at getting too...

THANKS

FYI, the dyno jet jets are not the exact same size as actual Keihin jets although the number is the same. So when looking at jetting specs in other threads pay attention as your 160 or 165 isn't the same as someone else's 160 or 165!

AND almost all this info is in FAQ check it out! on top of page and so the usual questions dont get reposted, great info up there.