Sign in to follow this  

Crf 250r Bog

I just bought a 2006 CRF 250R and it has had some engine work. Not sure if it makes a difference but it has a bondi engine with PR2 piston, and it used to have fmf exhaust but the stock exhaust has been replaced. Basically the bike runs awsome. The idle is great and it has tonnes of power, except when you crack on the throttle really hard it just bogs and almost stalls out. Any ideas of what to do? I thought about playing with the Fuel screw but wouldnt that screw up the rest of how it runs?

you could try a 45 leak jet, i am gonna try one this week, or you could sent it of to zip ty but its ganna cost you

it does that when warmed up? Fuel screw and probably the leak jet but I bet the the pilot is too lean. Also check the needle maybe the clip was raised too much.

yeah it bogs even when its warmed up.. only if you give it lots of throttle quickly though. I'll try the leak jet idea and see if that works.. im hesitant to touch the fuel screw though cus i dont have a manual with stock carb settings and its not a stock engine. Plus it runs great everywhere else just not when you crack it hard.. thanks for the answers guys! haha i know theres like 50, 000 threads on this issue

oh and is the leak jet something new just for the thumpers? cus this is my first four stroke and my 2 stroke just had the idle and main.

its not new, every newer crf will bog with a hard crack of the throttle just so you know, i just feel like making mine a bit less noticable becase i feel like tinkering

Yea, leak jet was developed several years ago for the 4T.

You do need to adjust the fuel screw or at least check it. Look on here for proper adjustment proceedure. It is fairly simple if you have an aftermarket fuel screw with the thumb knob.

with a properly set up carb, you should have no bog. it takes playing with the ap along with the proper jetting.

ok thanks again guys i'll try some of your suggestions out and let you know how it goes