Sign in to follow this  

Installing the new output shaft

I go through engines like its my job because of the output shaft probelms (just my luck). 2 in the past month:mad: . Usually I just pick up a used engine and throw it in there, but its about time I put the BBR Shaft in one of them. I'm planning on fixing them this weekend. anybody run into problems doing it or have any tips for me before I start tearing them down. Thanks

make sure u have flywheel puller. if not go to shop and see if u can use one of theres. and have impact driver, to get out case bolts, otherwise u will strip them trying with screwdriver.

is there any way around buying the clutch holder. today i got the cylinder and head off as well as the magneto cover. but i cant' go any farther untill i get the clutch out. i don't really want to have to buy the flywheel puller AND the clutch holder if there is a way to do one of those without the tool. if I have to I have to, I don't wanna risk damaging other things by taking shortcuts

i just did mine and i didnt pull flywheel i pulled everything out of cluch side and spit it that way it wasent bad at all

yea u can get it that way it if cooperates. thats what i planned, but once cases started coming apart, crank was coming out other side. so i just removed flywheel.