2009 Gear...rediculous...

Wow, just got Motosport's 2009 Summer book. What a joke, cant even turn 1 page with out seeing an outfit from a 1980's Paula Abdul video. This stuff has got to be the UGLIEST I have ever seen. What happened to Red with White, or Black and White, now we have 48 different colors, on a pair of gloves! ? And the prices, these company's must be blind as to what is going on in the "real" world. Fox - $170...for a PAIR OF PANTS, then another $60 for the Jersey? After 3 rides it will look hammered, and in another 6 months will be 60% off. I have NEVER paid more then $150 for my pant, jersey and gloves...and can rip past 80% of the people with gear costing as much as my bike (05 CR 250). And boots?!?! Unless you spend half a G, you better drink a lot of milk and have some strong ankles. Some examples of the "ghey"est looking stuff I have seen in a while, and would never even consider putting on -

Fox V3 Explosion Helemet - Those colors can be seen in late 80's skiing films

Bell Physco Manic - Same pattern as a T-shirt sold at a 60's Dead concert

ALL of the 661 Pheonix Helmets - Highlighter Yellow

Shift - Faction Gear....LEOPARD PRINT? What in the hell?

Now, if you guys are wearing this, to each his own...Im just expressing my opinion...and maybe sparking some others as well. The clothing makers are killing off the sport, whether they know it or not. If you a just getting into the sport, or looking to upgrade your stuff, between a GOOD helmet, pants, jersey and gloves, potenially 2x, as many have a back up set of gear, decent boots, chest protector, and knee/wrist braces and a leatt type, you could easily drop over $2000....just to get dressed to ride.

What do you guys think? :ride:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kind of agree with you but people must be buying it. I started seeing it with Reed wearing the retro Thor stuff. Then more and more neon color stuff. Some of it is starting to grow on me but I doubt I'd ever wear anything that flashy. I do like some of the Shift stuff.

I don't know if you guys are older or what but I like all the new colorfull gear and stuff. I dont like the new fox gear anymore it was ok in 05-06-07 then in 08 went down hill from there. Its like you have to wear there helmet with there gear becouse it dosent go with anything els. but the new gear is nice I think.

Reed's Thor stuff makes me laugh - the black and white looks like his pants fell down and his tighty whities are hanging out. And the stuff at Daytona made him look like his pants fell down and he had a serious case of monkey butt. What the hell was Thor thinking THIS time?

its so funny that i saw this because i recently found some photos from last season when i talked my dad into going to the track and riding open practice with me and he whipped out his old gear from back in the early 90's was teal and purple fox pants and boots and i let him use a newer fox 180 jersey but even at that still looked funny with his old school blue fox chest protector .. . i couldnt help but keep lmao and giving him hell about it, but he held his own and did good so atleast he redeemed himself on the track ?:ride::moon: they sure had some wild looking gear back in the day , just wish i had a pic showing the full get upjonanddad.jpg

I kind of agree with you but people must be buying it. I started seeing it with Reed wearing the retro Thor stuff. Then more and more neon color stuff. Some of it is starting to grow on me but I doubt I'd ever wear anything that flashy. I do like some of the Shift stuff.

I love the look of the 09 Shift strike gear, the blue plaid/checkered and the red plaid. The rasta is sick too. The orange, and yellow and pink one looks pretty lame though.

http://www.motosport.com/dirtbike/product/2009-SHIFT-STRIKE-COMBO/?catalogId=111469&words=shift+strike&srchHistoryURL=up7659bj||words~shift%20strike^parentCategoryID~category_root^categoryID~1^categoryName~Dirt