Can Am Renegade 500 service engine light reset?

My ten hour service engine light has come on, on my Can Am Renegade 500 2008. Does anyone know how to reset this so my bike will run correctly? I live 4.5 hours from the dealer so travling is out of the question. Please help, thanks.

call a can am dealer, they will have the service manual with the info you need.. call the dealer you bought it from and say this is "your name here" and i bought this 08 500 from you and was wondering houw to reset my service light..

most good dealers will take the time to look up the procedure for you.. usually involves holding 1 or 2 buttons at the same time, sometimes holding a button and turning the ignition on at the same time and ect.....

Errr, not so fast gentlemen, you're in BRP territory here...

Now I'm not 100% sure of course, but knowing how BRP brands typically deal with stuff, there are big chances that soon you won't be able to inflate your tires without going through a computer reset with a specialized BRP tool. Not to mention reset your light alone.

Pressing combinations of buttons to reset a light is Japanese courtesy, and the anticipation that someday you'll be using your machine in places where the closest dealer is on a different continent.

At BRP, you have to go to the dealer. Have them plug the shiny computer. Press the magic button. Pocket a random amount of money.

Then, the ECU number (yes, there is one) will be reported to the main computers at BRP's main headquarters during the next update. Which has to happen at scheduled intervals, if you want the tool to keep working. Then, numbers will be matched. If you're a European dealer, and you get a machine bought in the US, the numbers will raise a red flag at the mothership. Then, the US dealer who sold the machine will be inquired. What is one of your machines doing in Europe ? Are you, by any chance, exporting machines to European markets ? Hmmm ? Bad, bad boy. Here goes your contract with us.

Again, I might be wrong. Maybe the light can be reset by pushing buttons. Maybe not. I wouldn't hold my breath. BRP has a policy of doing all through dealers.