Sign in to follow this  

new to me yosh exhaust please help

i own an 04 yz250f that i purchased used. from the looks of the rest of the bike the jetting/carb settings are factory. a couple days ago i installed a new to me yosh exhaust. it is the comp series with stainless pipe and aluminum can.(header included) no spark arrestor. i ride at barely above sea level (less than 500 foot). i have not yet ridden the bike with the exhaust so i have no feedback as far as how it acts. should i plan on a jet change?? i certainly dont want to blow anything up the first time i flogg it. thank u in advance for any advice/experience with this setup. also the airbox lid has been removed if this makes any difference, with a twinair air filter installed. port work on the head is extremely unlikely. thanks!

You need to see what main/needle and clip position you are at. What exhaust was on the bike before? You current jetting may be right, it may be lean, it may be rich. You need to know where you are before you can go forward.

i do not know where the settings are currently at....the exhaust i removed was comepletely stock. i will say that i flogged the bike for about 3 hours yesterday and couldnt b happier. in the last week i......changed from a 14-48 tooth setup to a 13-52. installed the yosh full exhaust and new front and rear dunlop756 tires. my god its like a brand new bike. tires are evvvverything