Sign in to follow this  

is the 07 valvetrain interchangable with the 06

my brother has an 06 crf 250 and the valves are shot. the local shop said that with the 06 crfs even with aftermarket valves the still wear out fast.

from what ive heard the 07s dont have valve problems so i was wondering if it is possible to put an 07 valvetrain on an 06 motor

if this isnt possible can somone give me a good link how to replace the valves

you seem to be a bit confused young grasshopper.....lets sort this out.

Ok, first of all the guy at the shop is on crack cocain, every crf from 06 to current is about the same in realiablity, so dont worry about 07 parts. The stock vavls will last along time as long as you take care of the bike, this said, aftermarket valves can last even longer, but the bike must be take care of, oil change every 10 hours, air filter clean when its gets dirty. remember thoes two things.

07s do have valve problems if you dont take care of them, as will any other year CRF, 06 and 07 are about the exact same, dont know where you got that bit of info. an 07 valve train is almost the exact same parts as the 06.

you cant replace valves your self, you need to get your seats cut and you dont have that tool, have the shop do it

It was pre 06 bikes that had the majority of the problems. They were addressed in 06. The 08 the intake valves were lighter and thinner in the stem. 06/07 are the same.