Sign in to follow this  

Where Does This Piece Go!?

I was riding my DRZ the other day and I noticed that this metal piece was just dangiling at the lowest part of the speedometer cable...I have no clue where it came from, can anyone give me a detailed description on where this belongs...Do you think it came loose from a wheelie, I pulled like 2 wheelies that day.

DSC01945.jpg

DSC01944.jpg

looks like some kind of bracket thing that hold ur brake line to something, just follow the brake line and see if theres anythng that it should hook too.

I was riding my DRZ the other day and I noticed that this metal piece was just dangiling at the lowest part of the speedometer cable...I have no clue where it came from, can anyone give me a detailed description on where this belongs...Do you think it came loose from a wheelie, I pulled like 2 wheelies that day.

DSC01945.jpg

DSC01944.jpg

I believe that is the upper retainer for the said cable. I thought it bolts on to the right blinker assy/fork clamp. Did you remove the right front blinker lately???

Erling

should be connected to the front fender.

stock fender has a hole for it to bolt to

What he said. Just took mine off since I don't run the speedo or cable.

I believe that is the upper retainer for the said cable. I thought it bolts on to the right blinker assy/fork clamp. Did you remove the right front blinker lately???

Erling

thats what i was going to say but im not sure about where it goes on the s model but i know for sure it goes on the fork clamp on the sm model

It should go on your fender.. there is one on mine... there is also one above that ataches to forks some where with I believe a 10mm. bolt..

~G

Can any one post a pic of where theres is if you have an 2006 S model?

Wish I could, took it off when I went to Acerbis SM fender. Take it off you will be fine.

EDIT, found old pic in garage, you can faintly see it where the cable meets the fender.

If I remember right it clips over the edge of the fender and has a screw to secure.

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=23232

Somebody got a better pic?

on my sm ,it's one behind the headlight shroud ,looks very similar :)

Keeps the gas wires in place , bolted to the upper tripple clamp.

There's also one who keeps the speedo wire at the shock