Sign in to follow this  

Post pics of after market front fenders on S Model

Looking to switch up the front fender on my S ... my bike is all black with white shrouds and white headlight but i want to change that out also.. need some ideas

goebz where did you get them fork cover things... i have been looking for a way to get rid of them ugly boot things...

I could be wrong (b/c I have no experience or basis for this thought) but it seems to me that going w/ a shorty fender (i.e. the Cycra, UFO or the backwards one) would create some real lift on the front end above 50 mph, making it light/unstable.

the stock front fender is worse for wind than the sm fenders..

as for the OP I would suggest cutting the stock fender to try that out (unless you plan on keeping it stock for some reason) then if you don't like it you can buy an aftermarket one.. I think the UFO looks best.. I went with acerbis though and I like it! ps. you should go alll black

Yep, wind riding with my stock s fender is very noticeable. After using the Acerbis sm I switched to the stock and couldn't believe how much the wind or just the air at speed affected it. No bueno. My cut fender feels the best... or least i guess... I cant feel it at all.

How are the SM fenders in the woods tho? Do you wear more mud with them in place? I love how they look, but I get coated enough as it is with the stock S fender (and peppered on the road by salt and crap during winter).

Thoughts?