Sign in to follow this  

SA slip on spring

I have a new SA and the spring connection is different. One spring connection is on top and the other is on the bottom. I guess I need a new longer spring? Any suggestions on where to purchase?

photo.jpg

Note: Akropovic slipon SA 2008 250 sxf

SXS07250512

part # out of the hard parts catalog. States that it will fit on a stock header.

Should I return it? Find a new spring?

As long as you don't have any exhaust leaks you should be ok without it. I'm not sure about akropovic but i know that the complete fmf system i have doesn't even have a spring between the mid-pipe and muffler. I would suggest trying to get things straightened out if you can.

does that muffler have two brackets that connect it to the subframe?

yea, its bolted on now. Looks killer. I can't wait to start it up. I am going to the shop to get a longer spring, see if I can get it together.

akro.jpg

that thing does look sweet! I dont think you'll have any problems especially since it has two brackets

Kinda makes you wonder if you are defeating the performance gain of the muffler by running the stock header.... I'm guessing there is a reason they want you to run an Akro header other than they make more profit...

It pulls slightly more on the bottom and it's not as loud. Nice sound too. Quite a bit lighter at least comparing the stock and akra can side by side.