Sign in to follow this  

05 motor in 08 chassis?

will a older motor out of a steel frame fit in a newer aluminum frame? also anyone know if the swingarm is the same?

will a older motor out of a steel frame fit in a newer aluminum frame? also anyone know if the swingarm is the same?

If no one gets back to you on this I will let you know tomorrow or maybe later today. I am going to a friends house to help him install an engine I just rebuilt for him out of an 06 and he has an 04 sitting right next to it. I will look and take some pictures for you of the engines in both bikes too. PM me if you dont see me respond on this thread by tomorrow morn :)

I'm deffently not an expert, but I do have an 03yz250f and an 07. The oil drain bolt is on oposite sides of the engine. 03 on shifter side, 07 underneath on the brake side and underneath the engine more. Oil tank is in the steal frame and the 07 has aluminum tank down lower between the engine cradle. I would guess that it would not work out very easy to drain the oil, but I could be wrong. I would have to see if the engine is tapped for the drain to be moved or if you could still get the drain bolt out on the 03 engine mounted in the 07 frame. I will have to look.

I remember reading on here it can be done but you need to swap over the swing arm pivot bushed out of the engines and prolly the bearings aswell.

I HAVE NOT DONE THIS only read it on here.

MM