Sign in to follow this  

Alpinestars price increase?

Anybody else notice the price of Alpinestar boots lately? Tech 10's used to retail for $415 and now they are $579... Any ideas?

yup.

dealer cost went up, thus, retail goes up.

EVERYTHING in partsunlimited went up.

those guys are bastards (PU, not A*)

I could understand a $20 increase over a year's time, but $150? Tech 8's now cost as much as Tech 10's used to... I'm glad I was on the toilet while I was flipping through the new MotoSport Outlet catalog or else I'd be shopping for new pants too:)

• Like 1

Anybody else notice the price of Alpinestar boots lately? Tech 10's used to retail for $415 and now they are $579... Any ideas?

I noticed too, when paging throuh BTO sports I think it was. but I'm not sure that it hasn't always been like that depending on where you shop. Locally through places like Dennis kirk and Bob's Cycle supply they have always and still are around the $460.00 range.

I just sent this e-mail to Parts Unlimited:

Your recent price increases are shocking to me. I just noticed that the price of Alpinestar Tech 10 boots went up over $150. In today's economy I feel like such drastic price gouging will further hurt our industry. I feel sorry for your dealers that have to try to explain these prices to their customers. Any explanation as to why would be greatly appreciated.

I'm a catalog whore so I keep a pretty close eye on prices. I do alot of reading on the throne:)

I noticed too, when paging throuh BTO sports I think it was. but I'm not sure that it hasn't always been like that depending on where you shop. Locally through places like Dennis kirk and Bob's Cycle supply they have always and still are around the $460.00 range.

I'm a catalog whore so I keep a pretty close eye on prices. I do alot of reading on the throne:)

I'm with you there. I often wonder if my toilet tank is being stressed past it's weight limit. My craps usually take twice as long as necessary due to my being side tracked with catologs or magazines.

I was thinking of getting some tech 10's but after the price increase...Ill stick with my tec 7.

Robing people without a gun....lol

I paid like 375 or so for a brand new pair on ebay like 8 months ago. exact same model they have now. 580 is a joke. Why wouldnt anyone just get sg12s? the only reason to buy tech 10s(in my opinion)was because they were cheaper than the sg12s. looks like the next time i buy boots my money is going over seas.

I paid like 375 or so for a brand new pair on ebay like 8 months ago. exact same model they have now. 580 is a joke. Why wouldnt anyone just get sg12s? the only reason to buy tech 10s(in my opinion)was because they were cheaper than the sg12s. looks like the next time i buy boots my money is going over seas.

alpinestars are made in china now. so if you're gonna send your money overseas it might as well be to italy for gaerne or sidi. my year old tech 10's are falling apart by the way

I think it has a lot to do with the struggling Italian economy as they have gone up in the UK too.

More worrying is how well Japan seems to be doing compared with the rest of us. I bought an Arai Helmet the week end for £300, thankfully the one on the shelf fit me as if i'd had to order it in they have gone up to £395 and are expected to go up again. Next years bike prices could be quite a bit higher too.

I just am not seeing $600 worth of plastic and rubber in the A*'s tech 10 . I was much less than impressed with how long my last set lasted . They just drove the last nail in the alpinestars coffin for me .

all the more reason to get the garnae sg10's. i was surprised at how much the price went up too.

Yes. Alpinestars think the Tech 10's are as good as the SG12's (which they aren't), so they see the SG12's flying off the shelf and think they should get that price too. I think it will be their demise.

I heard a while back that Alpinestars prices were going to go up, but didn't know the Tech 10s were going to be up that high. Thankfully my Tech 8s will last me one more season...and then they will be replaced with Gaerne or Sidi. I like my Tech 8s, and they saved my ankle when I broke my tibia and fibula (3 breaks were right above my ankle, and 2 more breaks further up), but $420 for them is insane. I remember buying my first pair of tech 8s for $280 (and they were made in Italy, unlike my current ones!).

well i work at a cyclegear...

to be honest, the only thing A* i am able to sell is cheap street gloves and Tech 3 boots. even then at $200 for the 3's they aren't flying off the shelf compared to the o'neals ($110 and usually on sale) and the fox comp 5's ($159)

i think the only good thing about A* i like is their gear usually fits me, and their warrenty is very very good, ive sent boots back that were 4 years old or more with missing straps and buckles and an other assortment of crap, all got fixed for free.

i also have a tech 8 with them now getting re-soled and re-vamped after the customer ripped a hole in the side of em LOL

i cant stand parts unlimited though, they are a**hats, even if asking for something really simple you get attitude.

Ive had my SG10's for a while now with no problems. I like Alpinestar but Im sticking with what I've got. Specially at those prices. Between the price of stuff and the looks of some of the new gear Im glad I have some good quality stuff that wont need replacing anytime soon.

Not what I wanted to hear. My SMX Plus road boots need replacing ASAP. I think they were $279 when I got them 3 years ago. Alpinestars fit my feet perfectly so I'll be pissed if they're up to $400 now. I have another year left in my dirt boots at least.