Sign in to follow this  

05 DRZ 125L RM/KX forks need advice! Thx

by the looks of things a did the suspension conversion backwards . I did the cr shock mod first now I am looking on ebay for a complete set of 85 forks I found a new 09 kx 85 set with clamps . I have been reading the posts and I have a bit of confusion . If i buy the 85 kx forks will i need the front wheel roator and caliper assembly to make this work? Do the RM post 2005 directly bolt on to the DRZ 125L, if not what mods will I need to do. Thanks in advance sorry for the duplicate post. I will soon post picts of my Ducati 450 Thumper Scrambler which is almost completly restored.

The KX85/100forks (with KX triples) are a direct bolt on. You can use your DRZ rotor and front wheel with the KX axle, you just need to install a shim on either side of the hub to get everything lined up.

The best way to go with the front brake is to get the KX parts from MC to caliper. Some have mixed DRZ and KX components, but it is a lot cleaner and easier to go with the KX stuff.

BTW, the KX shock also bolts up with a couple of shims.

I did the above mods to my son's DRZ and it was a huge improvement over stock.

He has since outgrown the bike and all the parts you need I now have for sale.

'07 kx forks,triples,fork protectors, '07 KX shock, KX MC,brake line and caliper.

Thanks,

Do you know if a 85 KX triple tree and steering stem will fit onto my DRZ 125?

He has since outgrown the bike and all the parts you need I now have for sale.

'07 kx forks,triples,fork protectors, '07 KX shock, KX MC,brake line and caliper.

How much you want for the forks, triple and fork protectors? PM me

JR