Sign in to follow this  

Need an opinion on photoshop.

Just tell me if the original or the "enhanced" pics look better please.

davemebestpic.jpg

davemebestpiccopy.jpg

jackrocks.jpg

jackrockscopy.jpg

someday007.jpg

someday007copy.jpg

standupwheelie.jpg

standupwheeliecopy.jpg

atAjs015.jpg

atAjs015copy.jpg

good3.jpg

good3copy.jpg

jackberm3.jpg

jackberm3copy.jpg

jackover029.jpg

jackover029copy.jpg

sitdownwheelie.jpg

sitdownwheeliecopy.jpg

MountainBiking008.jpg

MountainBiking008copy.jpg

Thanks.

Generally, I think you're crushing the blacks and losing a lot of detail in the shadows.

In my opinion I like the enhanced better, makes the colors more vibrant, but you do loose some detail in the darker area's but the vibrant colors out weigh the loss of details, for me atleast.. The colors seem to POP more in the enhanced..

I would agree and say that it may be a little too dark in some. Try to ease up on the contrast. Other than that, it looks good to me.

Try to get rid of some of the blur as well in some. Usually sharpening does it for me, but someone who really knows what they're doing probably has a better way.

IMO you had a good idea and were on the right track but if it were me I might have chosen a stage between the two. A bit more saturation.A bit more contrast, but maybe not the full throttle approach on both sliders.. Love the pics though... I too love photography... maybe if I ever grow the cajones, I'll post for some constructive advice as well.. keep 'em coming.. every thread is better with pics

the enhanced ones look good when theres alot of greenery in the back ground and the one with you going through the mud puddle looks REALLY good

blacks are a tad crushed, but I like the increased color saturation.

Off topic - but is that berm made of coal? I have never seen suck black earth.

Thanks for all the replies and constructive criticism. I agree on a few I overdid it a bit on a few, especially the last one. I think I'll focus my photoshop efforts on the things you guys suggested (pics with a lot of greenery, few shadows etc.)

Usually sharpening does it for me, but someone who really knows what they're doing probably has a better way.

What do you mean by sharpening?

Off topic - but is that berm made of coal? I have never seen suck black earth.

Its not really a berm, more of a half moon made of the leftovers from strip mining. I always called it red dog. It's pretty much everywhere where I ride. These pics were taken at a neat little playground way in the back of Rock Run in Altoona PA. There was another cool little place to the left and down the hill from these pics where it was really deep and soft.

meuptop3.jpg

meuptop2.jpg

davejumps.jpg

davejack.jpg

davejack-1.jpg

daveandjack.jpg

meuptop3.jpg

meuptop.jpg

meuptop3-1.jpg

medavetopbottom.jpg

medavesloppy.jpg

medaveroost.jpg

meandjack.jpg

meanddave.jpg

jackfall.jpg

jackberm2.jpg

jackberm.jpg

BTW, if anyone was wondering, I'm the goofy looking on the CRF 230 (and also the one who's bike is on the ground) and those are my buddies Dave (CR125) and AJ/foxracer817 (YZ125)

IMO, only 3 and 8 look better. They look ready to go in some Calendar. :)

On the other hand, I like em all, and it looks like a really great place to ride!

I like the 1st and 3rd 'fun' shots, too. Kinda neat effects. Good job.

What do you mean by sharpening?

I use a different program than Adobe Photoshop, but it is called the same thing I believe.

54298939.jpg

They look too contrasted. I would adjust the levels properly(google it), then increase the contrast a bit, to remove the cloudy feel a little. After that I would give it a little but of unsharp mast, or smart shapen. Filter>sharpen>etc