Sign in to follow this  

Do it yourself Enduro Kit -2007 KTM 450xc-w

For those who want to make your bike street legal.

My KTM was plated in Oregon since it's an EXC without the lights.

Here's what I did:

1. Search the internet for the components you want, turn signals, brake light, horn, switches, head light and key.

2. Buy wires and connectors to put all the components together.

3. Build it.

This was fun, but not suggested for the non-electrically inclined.

Here's some pictures:

coming soon.

this is exactly what im doing on my 2002 exc although im building my blinker circuit and slightly rewireing my bike. in school im building a new speedo bracket out of 1/4" aluminum since i just slightly broke mine last night when i tried to make the switch bracket bigger for a new switch. ill be posting some picks as soon as i finish the new headlight harness for the switch column i bought and the new homemade bracket. my goal here is to still keep the old wireing harness just in case i sell it (unlikely i ever will i love it to much :) ) so all i have to do is just plug in the old one

i bought one from sicass for around 250.... i got confused enough installing that!!! more power to you lets see some pics!!!

lol all i have so far are a few schematics a box of parts and a half taken apart ktm but the bracket is almost done gotta make one more cut and then bend it all into place,make a few holes and wala a new bracket thats better than the origional

For those who want to make your bike street legal.

My KTM was plated in Oregon since it's an EXC without the lights.

Here's what I did:

1. Search the internet for the components you want, turn signals, brake light, horn, switches, head light and key.

2. Buy wires and connectors to put all the components together.

3. Build it.

This was fun, but not suggested for the non-electrically inclined.

Here's some pictures:

coming soon.

I just finished up tuesday (mostly) my bike as well. Recently purchased plated 04 525exc. The previous wiring, wile done ok (soldered & heat shrunk) left a lot to be desired (hard wired w/ no connectors).

I ended up with the sicass bar switch, turnsignals & signal relay for led's

also I (unlike the previous owner) used locking connectors for the majority of the wiring. It keeps the dissasembly/reassembly idiot proof since there is only one way to connect the wiring.

IMG_0103.jpg

IMG_0105.jpg

IMG_0108.jpg

IMG_0109.jpg

IMG_0110.jpg

IMG_0106.jpg

Here's some pictures;

On either side of the headlight mounted on the bark busters are small LED amber lights which run off a LED flasher. Same lights are mounted on the side of the LED tail light/brake light/ plate light DOT approved.

Had to cut a small hole to route the wires thru the airbox. Also made some aluninum brackets.

I hid the horn and LED flasher behind the headlight.

Installed a hydraulic brake switch on the rear brakes.

The switch assembly (headlight, horn, flashers) is a Euro OEM for street CEV made in italy.

And don't forget about the mini-folding mirror.

There's a switch behind the headlight to turn off the lights when just riding offroad daytime.

You might also want a small soldering iron to make up the connections.

And remember if you are running all regular lights (not LED's ) they burn a lot of power. Another reason for a headlight remote switch.

I kept the kill and start switches because they're easier to use offroad.

Good luck

I put the factory euro stuff on my 525 (ordered from CycleZone KTM) and while it works great, I just can't stand the CEV combo switch. It's just not intuitive and I find myself looking at it any time I want to switch something.

On my wife's 250 EXC, I put the Sicass hardware on it and it just works better IMO. The buttons are intuitive (arranged like a typical dual-sport combo switch) and it is well made.

I would recommend either for ruggedness and functionality but the Sicass is just easier to use.

Sean :)

Ture, other switches are easier, but many of them seemed kinda large.

Find the what works for you and go for it. I liked the euro-look.

I did a do it your self approach also, but who needs turn signals that is what my left arm is for. turn signals just wind up torn off while riding off road on my bikes anyway.

ok heres some pics of the new bracket near completion now all it needs is to be welded and painted

0313090811-00.jpg

0313090812-00.jpg

0313090812-01.jpg

0313090812-02.jpg

0313091021-00.jpg

0313091210-00.jpg

and lastly my friend ron wanted to say hi

0312091110-01.jpg

• Like 1