Sign in to follow this  

I think I'm out for a while

I think I'll be out of the riding for quite some time. I've had some personal things come up that have forced a super tight budget leaving no money for riding. Additionally my heart just isn't in it right now. I've actually given consideration to selling the bike rather than let it sit. I'll live vicariously through you guys though.

well, thats a bummer man, sorry to hear about that. i have noticed that abunch of people lately have giving up the dirt dream.

are you still going to go to some of the AMRA races?

Sorry to hear that, Carl. I understand you are going through a tough time. Hang onto the bike. It's a bad time sell and you won't be feeling the way you feel now forever. When things improve again in your life, which they will, you're attitude about riding will change. And that may happen sooner than you think.

With the dirt naps I've been taking recently, I've thought of hanging it up myself. Decided to just learn to be a better rider instead.

Every time I've ever hung up motorcycle riding, I've ended up back on them in a year or so. My advice is to put the bike in storage and do what you have to do to eat and live under a roof. See you out again down the road.

Hang in there Carl.:) I know it is a tough road but do what you gotta do to get by. If you have to sell your bike I am sure that some one will let you on a loaner from time to time if you needed a fix.

Best of luck to you.

Jace

That sucks, man. I'd hang on to the bike, it'll be a bitch to sell right now, as stated above. I'm in same sinking financial boat, but I think I'm gonna keep riding until I literally run out of entry fee's for ET's practice days.

Like most everybody on here, motorcycles are in my blood. I'd say find a way to ride, and use it as your "escape" from the outside world. I know once I fasten the strap on my helmet, I forget all about what's bugging me.

On a side note, we get carpool money at work every month, to help save the environment. I use mine to ride.

Solo...hang in there like everybody is telling you. You're not alone going thru tough times. Do what you have to do but try and hang onto the bike. Better days will roll around or we'll end up in some kind of Mad Max apocalyptic world. Either way you'll need the bike.

Hang in there dude!! I'm having some tough times too and have thought about selling my stuff also but keep reminding myself about the importance of having something to do or use to blow off some steam. If you can, keep the bike! Mad Max....that's funny Bill.

Sorry to hear this. I wish you the best.:)

Hang in there Carl.:banghead: I know it is a tough road but do what you gotta do to get by. If you have to sell your bike I am sure that some one will let you on a loaner from time to time if you needed a fix.

Best of luck to you.

Jace

Sounds like Jace just offered up his bike, assuming you end up selling yours to survive, to you when ever you need to releive some stress:busted:

Carl unless selling the bike will help feed the family, hang on to it, as all of us addicted to motorcycles need one in our life. At 68 I am back working Sat. & Sun. for a while. We will get through this. Hang in!!

Carl,

Sorry to hear about the financial stuff you have to deal with and the bike decision. Tough decions have to be made. You can live vicariously through your son on the 50 too. I hope to still see you involved with the Rock Stars MC.

Keep the bike. Who knows what the future will bring?

road%20warrior%20pic.jpg

Perhaps a little elaboration is in order. The reason for my financial issues and personal woes is that my wife moved out. So there it is. I don't blame her with all things considered. I've been a shitty husband. I am not in a good way right now. I will still try to get to some AMRA races as time and money allows. I'm also going to try to stay active in the best club ever- RockStars. Just know that my heart isn't really in it right now.

Perhaps a little elaboration is in order. The reason for my financial issues and personal woes is that my wife moved out. So there it is. I don't blame her with all things considered. I've been a shitty husband. I am not in a good way right now. I will still try to get to some AMRA races as time and money allows. I'm also going to try to stay active in the best club ever- RockStars. Just know that my heart isn't really in it right now.

Schitt! Sorry to hear that Carl. I dont have any motivational message for that other than your bike wont move out when things get rough.

Good, bad or ugly..dont punish yourself too bad. Hope ya find a happy place soon. If ya want to grab a lunch or something drop me a note. Come up to Grinding Stone and I'll buy ya lunch.

I will tell ya what every coach I have ever had told me after a rough game........"Hang with em". Or as my mom says "this too shall pass"

Hey Carl,

Sorry about the news. It's never easy when stuff like this happens, but when they do, it gives us a reality check and allows us to think back and learn. Hold on to the bike until you can no longer. I'm now down to the 300 and I'm still crying on how much the 530 went for. OUCH!!! Keep your head up and that crazy humor of yours

Carl,

It aint easy but what I learned from my divorce 15 years ago, my heart attack at 36, 7 mos ago and my impending BK is that I could use it as an excuse to fail or a reason to improve. it all comes down to choice.

Don't sell your bike, I just found a way to keep mine through my BK even though I haven't been able to ride in 6 months for health reasons and I am so relieved that in another 30-45 days I will finally be able to get back on the pig and start riding again.

Josh

dam sry man. i think woody hit it right on the head, this economy and shit is stressing everybody out and now, already weak relationships are pushed past the limit, my parents just split too, among many others. you are always more than welcome to ride the desert couch. whatcha mean your heart isnt in it, just dont enjoy 2 wheels like ya used to? maybe we need some new even gnarlier trails for carl, i think somebody needs an all expenses paid trip to sycamore.... when the kawi is done... and a hug

I know exactly what you are going through and I know you feel like your whole world is coming apart, but just remember you have to keep moving forward with life and use this experience for what it is a life lesson. We all need to learn from the mistakes we make and do something in the future to keep from repeating them. Dont beat yourself up about it being your fault or play the blame game, accept it for what it is and move on, trust me there are better days ahead. We are all here for you if you need some support.