Sign in to follow this  

NMA Race This weekend

Does anyone know if the race this weekend in Eddieville is going to be for points or not due to the flyer issue? Can someone please let everyone know?

According to Wiz(on the NMA site) it will be a points event.

Why is eddieville with no flyer a points event and the cowbell with no flyer was dropped as a points event ? Has there been a rules change ?

Why is eddieville with no flyer a points event and the cowbell with no flyer was dropped as a points event ? Has there been a rules change ?

I got the flier. OTBG only send out 1 flier for all of their event for the year.

I think the rule about the flier is silly anyway. With the world wide web who need the flier to get their info:excuseme: If you are race the series you know when the races are. The riders, not comp. license holder seem to find the races without being mailed a flier:bonk:

I got the flier. OTBG only send out 1 flier for all of their event for the year.

With the world wide web who need the flier to get their info If you are race the series you know when the races are.

I agree...it is 2009 afterall....

Slightly different circumstances in this case and the rules were changed a couple years ago to allow some discretion by the comp committee. Back then the comp committee had no alternatives available to them but to remove the points status based on the rules.

In this case, the race is on the same weekend at the same place as always, and there had been race information posted on five different websites for several weeks.

It has stayed on the same weekend so it should be a points race, I think the cowbell date was changed if i remember right.

When the Cowbell was pulled it was a differant situation, and it sucks to pull an event.

The Cowbell had been at Camp 18 for a long time. New land owners shut down the riding area-- A Sierra Club Affiliated Company bought the land and guess what--no riding there anymore.

That created a problem for the promoter, Mt Baker. After scramblelling to find a new venue they had a date change and a venue change. Rules say under this circumstance--date change-- you have to have flyers out 45 days in advance of the event.

If I am not mistaken there was no way they could of had the flyers out in time so points were yanked. It was a long time ago--2 or 3 years maybe more.

Here are the rules for the NMA: http://nmaoffroad.org/rules.htm

If your in the points series you should read them!!

The rules now state:

1E(3) Scheduled Events (in Calendar Book/Website) must be publicized via “flyers” mailed to all current Comp License holders at least 30 calendar days before the event date. Flyers must include all entry information, sound test requirements, class/start times, list start, gate, camping and other fees, and event location. Failure to adhere to this rule can result in the event losing its points status for the current season.