Stroupe

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's actually one of my favorite riders. He's really chill in person and he's got a style I really like. I imagine he's just frustrated knowing he's the fastest one out there and keeping throwing his races away.

Last time i saw him ride in person he got jumped ?

He is really cool in person, or always has been to me. I used to race against him alot. I think it's like he said, he's just stressin cuz he knows he should be winning races and he's not

Maybe, he has always just came across as arrogant to me...i have no clue why either...i always get the same vibe from poto as well. :\

yea i can see that. I get that impression from poto a little bit as well and maybe its because ive never talked to him much in person. I think its just b/c the only time we see them is during a race so they have their game face on, ya know?

yea i can see that. I get that impression from poto a little bit as well and maybe its because ive never talked to him much in person. I think its just b/c the only time we see them is during a race so they have their game face on, ya know?

Possibly, even though i grew up racing with him, i remember when he raced yz85's. Used to be such a different kid lol.

The dude is fast for sure. However I wasn't a fan of him blaming Davalos for taking him out at Daytona. Especially since he was the one being overly aggressive and he jumped into Davalos. Then he puts in a DNF?? Anyone know what was up with the bike?

He is a young kid on Mitch Payton's Pro Circuit Team. I can't imagine the pressure that he is under to win. I agree that blaming Davalos for his crash was wrong, however I heard him say that right after it happened so I am sure his temper got the best of him. Once he watches the replay, he should change his mind. If he doesn't admit it, then that is just his lack of maturity. I still like him and I think he'll eventually figure it out.

He's always seem kinda cocky and seems like he doesn't care what happens to others when he gets over excited when something in the race doesn't go his way, like what happened with him hitting Davalos.

Overall, he's a good rider and if he can calm himself down and keep his composure he'll be a force.

He's been out of control almost every race this year. I remember San Francisco (I think) last year when he was one of the only lites riders hitting the big triple...he nearly landed on top of another rider.....pretty impressive in the rain and mud.

It's a Mitch Payton(sp) thing.

haha he can't debate anything about the crash with Davalos , RC said it was Stroupe's fault so that makes it official law ?

It absolutely was Stroupes fault. Look at the replay. AS cam into the jump a bit sideways like he was going off the track, which bounced him back right into Davalos' line and bike... Arrogance is what lead him to blame Davalos.

Don't you just love all these riders who are fast, but can't keep it on 2 wheels consistently? They tend to blame the slightly slower riders for getting in their way, etc. Like Reed this year, a lot of guys need to polish up the way they speak and handle themselves. They are one part racer and one part actor in a highly visible sport.