Sign in to follow this  

brake problem

on my 05 yz250f i took my brake assembly apart, and drained all of the fluid. now i cant get the brakes back to normal. can someone help me with this whole proccess? ive bled them about 10-15 times, and its not getting better. thanks

How are you bleeding the brakes? Are you using a jar and hose? Keeping the pedal depressed while closing the bleeder screw? Let us know.

no hose, is it used to keep air from going back in? i just pump the lever, hold it, then loosen the bleeder til it squirts out, im still holding the lever. then close the bleeder and let the lever go.

no hose, is it used to keep air from going back in? i just pump the lever, hold it, then loosen the bleeder til it squirts out, im still holding the lever. then close the bleeder and let the lever go.

Ok get a hose to put on your bleeder nipple and a small jar filled with some brake fluid.Make sure your brake master cylinder is full.Pump the brake and hold it down,open brake nipple and watch for bubbles in the jar of fluid and repeat a couple of times but make sure you keep lever held down until you close the nipple.If you dont see anymore bubbles coming out of the hose in the jar your good to go.

so the hose needs to fit tight over the bleeder? i thought it was just to control the fluid when it squirted out. so you think when i bleed it, air just get back in? thats what you put the hose in brake fluid for?

so the hose needs to fit tight over the bleeder? i thought it was just to control the fluid when it squirted out. so you think when i bleed it, air just get back in? thats what you put the hose in brake fluid for?

That and so you can see if there is still air in the lines.Yes it helps if the hose is tight.