Sign in to follow this  

CRF 100 debate/question

jus want you feed back guys on my idea / questions

my dad has a CRF 100 i think 01 or 02 ... have trails in my backyard .. and i ride it all the time in the summer ... id say im pretty good too ... if only i had a decent amount of money i would get a soup'd up klx 100 and enter MoM and try my luck at making money racing ... anwayss..

im debating if i should get a CRF 100 or a KLX 110 ... i love the rider height on the CRF 100 im about 5'11 ... and i sat on a couple KLX 110's bfore and i would compare it too my dads CRF 70 mabye the 110 is slighty taller ( i dont kno for sure the height specs just my opinion ) .. i know i raise the height on the KLX with longer shocks , mabye a tall seat , kx 60 fork conversion , bigger rims ? if thats right at all idk ... im not too savvy when it comes to specs and upgrading ...

but i beat the living piss outta my dads CRF 100... fully stock .. and i liked it ... of course if i could i would of bored it out a little and gotten some better suspension , prolly a hydraulic clutch , after market pipe , bigger carb , better gearing sprocket n so on ... so with all that said ... im kinda leaning towards getting a CRF 100 cause i love the height it seems perfect.. i can throw the bike around n scrub pretty good in the air .. and with all that stuff i would upgrade too it .. it would make it even FUNNER to ride ... strictly a trail / fck around bike ... what do you guys think? :) + its a honda... it'll last forever

I'm only 5'9" and I find the XR100 too small, much less a KLX110.

I think you're big enough for a real motorcycle.

• Like 1

charlie brown ?..... big enough for a real motorcycle? .... um.. i race a yz 125... and that is taller than some 250's .... i hit the 115 ft uphill tripple at my local race .. 4th gear pinned seat bounce.... im not a newb... i only mean my first thread by as in a trail/ **** around bike ... the small bikes is 10x easier to throw around and scrub in the air .. and i can ride a smaller bike 10x better than a big bike... you must of mist interpreted the whole subject .... me riding a CRF 230 or somthing like that would defeat the purpose of having fun and railing threw ruts and scrubbing off jumps ... yeah u can do all that on a bigger bike ... but i bet 7 or 8 outa 10 people will say they can do it better on a small bike .... or mabye you guys jus dont know anything about trail / pit bike riding .. idk those responces were sorta like ... uhm? ok? ....thx neways nvm ... mod u can lock this thread... i dont think users are allowed to delete it right

Stock for stock a CRF will stomp a klx110. BBR has enough mods to make either one rip. If your gonna keep it stock or close to stock chose red. If heavily modded chose either color.

really u think...? 100cc's vs 110cc's ... interesting .... i was at my local dealer today and fell in love with the 09 KLX 140 ... taller than the CRF 100 .. front/rear disc brakes ... 40 more cc's ... now that i seen that today.. im leaning towards the KLX 140 ...

Sheesh, some people can't take a little ribbing.

I understand where you're coming from. I feel much more comfortable on the KX100 but in my case it's because I'm not much of a rider. I'm too embarassed to ride it, though. Now if we had a track in the back yard I might feel differently.

Ive got an 02 XR 100, same bike basically. Its my wifes bike. It has a FMF pipe and is jetted. I find it too small for me at 5'6". Its a great little bike and fun to ride around with my boy on his 50 but the suspension and power leave a lot to be desired. At 5'11" Id be looking for a real bike too. If your set on riding red, maybe consider the CRF150R. I dont know much about them but they are much bigger. That way you get the suspension, brakes and power without all the added upgrades. Just my 2 cents. Gordo

• Like 1

yea i seen the CRF 150 .. but it weighs 30 pounds more than the KLX 140 .... no disc brake in the back ... and the KLX 140 monster edition looks sweet in black...

nah i can take criticism ... but not when its not need'd ... i didnt say anything wrong/foolish to get any bad or weird? charley brown type replys? ... but w.e i run into this issue all the time with forums and cocky people n stuff ...

KLX140 L....But get the "L" heck you are 5'11" I have no idea how you could fit on a 100.

KLX140 L....But get the "L" heck you are 5'11" I have no idea how you could fit on a 100.

uhm... i dout im the only one that likes riding on a 100 ... i explained in my posts that its for trail riding / fxck around bike ... even if it wasnt for that ... there are Tons and TONss of older people or 5'11"++ that love riding/racing smaller bikes ... i also explained i have a taller bike .. yz 125 ... its taller than some 250's... so?.. not sure why everyone is knockn me cause im 5'11 and want a 100 to play around on ... its ok tho.. i alrdy made my mind up and getting a KLX 140 and not the L version.. if i decide to want bigger tires.. ill get black EXCEL rims ...thanks neways guys

"needsprayer" ... mabye your the only one thats laughing? or mabye not ? but regardless... please let me kno whats funny? or whats so charley brown about my post's? :)

Charlie Brown over-analyzes. I found your logic similar and posted what came to mind. I started laughing after you took it all so seriously and found a Charlie Brown dirtbike cartoon. I'll stop with the ribbing now that you have made up your mind.

i see ... after learning alittle bit about your posts.. i came to my own conclusion ...now which do you think would better describe you ?

Drunk-Man.jpg -1

e39.jpg -2

Drunk_at_the_Sea.jpg -3

Drunk-1.png or lastly 4 :banghead::)

well i see now how you couldnt understand my topic at all ... looks like u would kno nothing about pitbikes or pit bike riding or be able to toss a 100pound dirtbike around off jumps and rail threw ruts somewhat easier than a 250 pound dirtbike... have a good day ... keep the liquor too a minimum its bad for the liver! :)

A CRF100F weighs 175 lbs curb weight. CR250R weighs 227 lbs curb weight. They are not that far apart in weight.

The KLX140 weighs 205 lbs curb weight. A pig for a pit bike.

A KX100 2T weighs 156 lbs curb weight and has more power than a CRF100F or KLX140.

Get the KX100 if you want to beat Snoopy. :)

so i see u did ur research ... but you have no experience of throwing a bike around off a jump ... aka scrubbing ... so there for when you say "not that far apart in weight " it actually is alot of diffrence ...regardless if its 50 pounds or 100 ... a kx 100 yeah is lighter... it costs more and im not really crawling in money.... + i want a 4 stroke ... and the KLX 140 is not a pig for a pit bike ... unless u got like 4-5 g's to hop up a klx 110.. its perfect .... CRF 150 weighs like 230.... ill beat snoopy and whatever else charlie brown characters u want to throw at me =-) .. good research.. but i can tell by ur picture u have no real experience of scrubbing or throwing a bike around aka whipping ..so there for u have no right to say that 50 or 100 pounds is far apart in weight

ps ( and if u actually do.. cause heavy set people can whip/scrub ) then i still im boggled because i kno , i have a 125 and i can throw the thing around like it was a 80... now compare that too a CRF 250 or 450 .... and its a world of diffrence.. still possible but much harder.. there for making it a big diffrence from 50 to 100 pounds... and theres more of your charlie brown over analyzing for ya.... jus soo you can better understand.. cause from ur first post i could tell you were/are totally lost