Sign in to follow this  

Eddieville Omra/nma Spring Opener Schedule

Here Is The Schedule For The Race This Weekend At Eddieville.

* Please Note The Three Different Start Times *

Eddieville OMRA/NMA Spring Opener Schedule

Saturday, March 14th 2009 Bikes & Atv’s

8:00am – Riders Meeting

8:30 Am – Experts (pro, Open Expert, 30u, 40v, 200z,

Open Amateur, 200e)

10:30am – Junior B’s And C’s, Junior Atv’s

11:00am – Amateurs (30d, 40f, 50y, 50r, 60q, 70p & Women)

1:00pm – Beginners (open K, 200b, 30t, 40c, Junior A & Sportsman)

3:00pm – Atv’s

Sunday, March 15th OMRA/NMA (bikes Only)[/b

]

8:00am – Riders Meeting

8:30am –SHORT Course/ Beginners/Nma C Riders:

Omra Open K - Nma Open C

Omra 200b – Nma 200c

Omra 30t – Nma Vet C

Omra 40c – Nma Senior C

Omra Junior A

Nma 15 & Under

Omra/Nma – Sportsman

10:30AM – Junior B’s, C’s And Junior Atv’s

11:30AM – Short Course/amateurs/b Riders

Omra 30D – Nma Vet B

Omra 40F – Nma Senior B

Omra 50Y – Nma Super Senior C

Omra 50R – Nma Super Senior B

Omra 60Q – Nma Masters

Omra 70P

Omra/Nma Women - W

1:00am – LONG COURSE - Experts/ A Riders

Omra/Nma AA

Omra Open Expert – NMA Open A

Omra 30u – NMA Vet A

Omra 40v – NMA Senior A

Omra 200z – NMA 200A

Omra Open Amateur – NMA Open B

Omra 200e – NMA 200B

If You Have Any Questions About Start Times Call Scott

541-980-7971 Or Debbie 509-261-0308

Debbie

Looks like no team races, eh... ? :)

Man, bummer schedule for Open X and AA guys this weekend... We'll get the muddiest of mud on Saturday, and the most beat down track on Sunday... WOOT :banghead:

For me though, thats not the issue with the schedule.. I dont mind a tough track.. It just makes for a very L O N G weekend when you have to be there Friday night to make your Sat am race, then you cant leave until 4-5 pm on Sun with a three hour drive, and LOTS of sit on our arse time...

Dang it.. Looks like Ill save some cash this weekend and hit Mattawa again..

Sorry OTBG, but I think our crew is gonna wait for the next one.. Hope the rides good for everyone... :banghead:

For me though, thats not the issue with the schedule.. I dont mind a tough track.. It just makes for a very L O N G weekend when you have to be there Friday night to make your Sat am race, then you cant leave until 4-5 pm on Sun with a three hour drive, and LOTS of sit on our arse time...

That is the main reason I'm skipping this one. I'd have to leave my place at 3:30 Saturday morning and not get home until 9 Sunday night.:)

Must buy toyhauler or at least something better than a tent!!

I agree, what a shame we are staying home. What happen to the good old days. Team race 9-9:30 11 race and 1 race Starting to lose interest.

Why the change in the format for Sunday's race:excuseme:

seem to make for a long day. I can't believe your neighbors will like the 8:30 start.

Why the change in the format for Sunday's race:excuseme:

seem to make for a long day. I can't believe your neighbors will like the 8:30 start.

How is that different than their 24/25 hr race?

How is that different than their 24/25 hr race?

The area around Eddieville in more populated then the 24hr site. Seems like there are more houses around Eddieville every time I'm there. I would hate to lose a great place to ride because we pissed the wrong neighbor off on a Sunday morning.

I should also say though, scheduling is tough because you can NEVER make everyone happy.. Inevitably it will be inconvenient for someone.. I just liked it better when it was inconvenient for the quads.. :banghead: It made sense to me, since there were always so few quaders, to have them race first or last... Oh well...

BTW Debbie, thanks for posting the schedule up... Its nice to get a heads up before a long drive.. :)

Probably see ya next time...

The main reason for adding a third race is safety. We are trying to break the groups into 3 good size races rather than 1 large and 1 humungous race. It also allows us to hopefully more evenly distribute the speed potential. Net goal is not as many riders on the track at a time and less of a spread in speed. Having up to 230 riders on the track at once always has made me a little nervous. We've never had a problem from too many riders on the track, but I would rather split the 2 races into 3 before there is a problem.

Of course, there is the little matter that the team races were not highly participated in as far as numbers.

Maybe Nate & Mitch liked the lack of competition in the team races??:)

I am hoping that by seperating into 3 races it will even the competition in each race, making for better racing.As OMRA found out when they added the beginner classes, inexperienced riders are apprehensive racing with more experienced riders. The more we segregate, the bigger turnout we get.So this is an experiment to see what happens and how it goes.

The flip side of three races is that with our Saturday to Sunday rotation for fairness the experts get the best and the worst of the track as well as the beginners. The amateurs wind up racing the same time both day.

Maybe we should go to 3 day events then everyone can take a turn to be first in the day, second, and last of the day??

Oh, I'm betting there will be dust both days by the way. We are bypassing several seeps, the rest of the track will start out dry on the surface.

Scott

Scott

Thanks for the explanation.

So from too muddy to dusty in one week:banghead:

Yep, thanks for the details. You guys do a great job.

Of course I still need a toyhauler before I can get myself to spend a March weekend up there.:)

Yep, thanks for the details. You guys do a great job.

Of course I still need a toyhauler before I can get myself to spend a March weekend up there.:)

the hotel is close:thumbsup: that where we'll be spending the night.

So how is everything looking weather and track wise?

The weather reports are not looking so great. Sounds like it will be a rain, snow and ice out there, which sucks since it was looking like perfect conditions earlier in the week :) If they have the race, I'm going regardless!

Is the bridge open at Biggs junction?

Thanks,

Bono

Is the bridge at Biggs junction open yet?

Thanks, Bono

Is the bridge at Biggs junction open yet?

Thanks, Bono

The Biggs Junction bridge on US97 opened in December, they got the rest of the work done early this year.

Keep in mind that a lot of wind turbines are being installed out here and the motels in the area have a lot of contractors staying in them. If you don't have a reservation, you may not have a room.

If it is rain, ice, and snow, will we still be racing? I am good either way, in fact some snow might hide some of my less than great MX skills but I'm just wondering because its like a 6 hour drive.