Sign in to follow this  

Can I get some input on an upgrade?

I'm thinking about upgrading from an '07 TE 250 to an '08 TE 250 or '08/'09 TXC 250. My '07 needs a suspension revalve and I was thinking about a 300 kit also but then I thought why put all the money in it when the new bikes seem to have a lot of upgrades?

What I would like to know is how much better the '08s and '09s handle compared to the '07.

Do they have a much lighter feel?

(When I rode my friends '07 KTM 400 I couldn't believe how much lighter it felt)

Has anyone ridden these years and can compare the differences?

I ride tight East Coast single track/enduro off-road only.

KTM 400 felt lighter that a TE250??

That would make me want to look at your TE's chassis setup. You may have your rear ride height too low which kills your steering, you could have a steering head bearing too snug which makes the bike sluggish handling. Or you may have lower tire pressures, or worn out tires while his where fresh? Lots of issues but your TE250 should feel lighter than a KTM 400

I'm thinking about upgrading from an '07 TE 250 to an '08 TE 250 or '08/'09 TXC 250. My '07 needs a suspension revalve and I was thinking about a 300 kit also but then I thought why put all the money in it when the new bikes seem to have a lot of upgrades?

What I would like to know is how much better the '08s and '09s handle compared to the '07.

Do they have a much lighter feel?

(When I rode my friends '07 KTM 400 I couldn't believe how much lighter it felt)

Has anyone ridden these years and can compare the differences?

I ride tight East Coast single track/enduro off-road only.