fasst flexx handlebars? good or bad?

my handlebars are bent, I am thinking of getting new ones, and have been looking at the fasst flexx ones. few questions though before I spend over 400$ on them.

they look kinda weird... like the position of the handlegrip would change if I installed these ones, would they? (stock 7/8 renthal ones now)

what do they mean when they say 12 degree angle or 15 degree angle on them?

are they "unbendable"? do they flex when dropped?

do I need special mounts?

are they worth the 400$?

I have a 05 crf 450, I dont ride track, just trails.

thanks.

thanks guys

I rode around a little with my brother's CRF and the Flexx bars. Other than being a bit tall, they felt very comfortable. He says they do flex to the point where it's noticable and he loves the bars but not the price. I remember him saying that he wouldn't buy them again if he had the choice. The choice came up last month with the new WR and he opted for the Pro Tapers. He still rides the CRF and the Flexx'ys but he said they're not worth the price.

i was talking to a guy last summer who had them and i guess it really helped his carpel tunnel or maybe tendonitis, i can't remember which, but anyway he said he was able to go almost twice as long as before he had the flexx bars. he said it was kinda weird in the big bumps though, i guess the bars' flex is really noticeable at times

• Like 1

i was talking to a guy last summer who had them and i guess it really helped his carpel tunnel or maybe tendonitis, i can't remember which, but anyway he said he was able to go almost twice as long as before he had the flexx bars. he said it was kinda weird in the big bumps though, i guess the bars' flex is really noticeable at times

yeah thats what im interested about. how bad they flex when you dont want them to? and the angle of them looks weird.

I really want a pair.. just dont wanna spend 450$ and not be happy with them. or drop the bike and bend them the first week.

I have a set on my CRF250, and I just ordered another set for my Husky... I feel they are worth it as I can go twice as long before my hands/fingers go numb (carpal tunnel problems I suppose). The first time I rode in the rocks with them I kept looking at my front tire expecting it to be flat. I was nailing huge rocks and barely felt them. I wouldn't recommend them though unless you ride in rough/choppy stuff.

• Like 1

I have a set on my CRF250, and I just ordered another set for my Husky... I feel they are worth it as I can go twice as long before my hands/fingers go numb (carpal tunnel problems I suppose). The first time I rode in the rocks with them I kept looking at my front tire expecting it to be flat. I was nailing huge rocks and barely felt them. I wouldn't recommend them though unless you ride in rough/choppy stuff.

AAAHHHH, now THATS what I wanted to hear. I ride in the mountain and we have rocks here as big as basketball. sometimes with sharp jagged edges. like you, ive hit so hard that I thought I flattened me tire (stock handlebars though) or broke my fork. my front rim is a little bent from hitting such big rocks at high speeds. even on the hillclimbs. 1/4 km long. 60 degree angle, no run way. AND theres huge bounders you gotta bounce and climb up while doing the hill climb... I think those handlebars were made for me!

Ill probably get a set this summer. if I dont like em I suppose I could always sell them on here or something.

thanks guys.

I have three sets. One set I bought used and two sets new. If you have a good reason for wanting them like wrist problems, bloodied and blistered hands from racing, carpal tunnel... they can be worth the price of admission. You need fatbar mounts and they weigh at least a pound more than regular handlebars. You can get handlebar bends from 10 to 15 degrees sweep and a regular or high version. You can also use the different elastomers to change the amount of damping. They are very tough and made in America! Their customer service is very good. I don't regret my purchase at all.

• Like 1

I have three sets. One set I bought used and two sets new. If you have a good reason for wanting them like wrist problems, bloodied and blistered hands from racing, carpal tunnel... they can be worth the price of admission. You need fatbar mounts and they weigh at least a pound more than regular handlebars. You can get handlebar bends from 10 to 15 degrees sweep and a regular or high version. You can also use the different elastomers to change the amount of damping. They are very tough and made in America! Their customer service is very good. I don't regret my purchase at all.

hmm, didnt know about the fatbar mounts. thanks for mentioning that. I dont need them. but they would be nice to have. anything to make my ride more comfortable.

I can't ride without them. They have different durometer rubbers to control the flex...from very soft to very hard.

If you are not sure what bend you need or want...CALL THEM. They are very helpful.

I can't ride without them. They have different durometer rubbers to control the flex...from very soft to very hard.

If you are not sure what bend you need or want...CALL THEM. They are very helpful.

perfect. I am DEFINITELY getting a set of them.

one thing though... I would also like to get a vapor computer soon. will it fit on the flex handlebars?

perfect. I am DEFINITELY getting a set of them.

one thing though... I would also like to get a vapor computer soon. will it fit on the flex handlebars?

Can't help you with that but give them a call. I used to be a dealer and was on the phone with them regularly. Very nice people and they make a great product. And...they stand behind them. Read the directions carefully. My brother broke a pair of them by tying the bike down incorrectly (due to some screwed up hand guards) and they still warrantied them. I think I sold close to 20 sets in a little over a year. Only complaint was the price.

You can get the $80.00 Pro Tapers, or a Chinese knock off. But if you have a problem (I have RA) or your hands, elbows or shoulders get sore, you will be able to ride longer, with less pain and be safer doing it. I'm about being safe, and fatigue is a killer.

I ordered a set today for my 09 kx 450.. I have real bad hand cramp/carplel tunnel from shooting m60 machine guns to .50 cal sniper rifle in the marines..My habds go numb within 10 min of riding.. Ive read alot about them before dropping the $$$ but decided it was my last resort before I go have surgery for carpal tunnel..There not $450 like someone stated above I got the motox bend wich is called 12 degree moto he said there like the exact bend as windham bars.. I paid $319 free shipping.. I also called Flexx company and talked to a fella there and he was very helpful and answered all my questions that I asked..Good company customer service..Anyways I hope they work as they say cause I dont want any more scars..

Hoss

I ordered a set today for my 09 kx 450.. I have real bad hand cramp/carplel tunnel from shooting m60 machine guns to .50 cal sniper rifle in the marines..My habds go numb within 10 min of riding.. Ive read alot about them before dropping the $$$ but decided it was my last resort before I go have surgery for carpal tunnel..There not $450 like someone stated above I got the motox bend wich is called 12 degree moto he said there like the exact bend as windham bars.. I paid $319 free shipping.. I also called Flexx company and talked to a fella there and he was very helpful and answered all my questions that I asked..Good company customer service..Anyways I hope they work as they say cause I dont want any more scars..

Hoss

yes theyre 450$. I stated that. 450$ canadian.

they were going for 320$ on ebay with 25$ shipping. thats 345$.

345 x 1.25 = 442$ canadian:(

i have a pair, although they came on my bike when i bought it so im not sure what it would ride like without them...but they seem fairly durable, i looped a wheelie out about a month and a half ago, and my bike did a few flips, the only thing that happened to the bars is that they were rotated backwards...

I may just need to go ahead and open up a topic about it since its not handlebar related, regardless, anyone have heard of the PHDS dampening system that´s bolted onto the triple clamp? Ive seen a lot of factory riders use them and im curious as to the feeling/benefits of them.

19 minutes ago, wachterxc said:

I may just need to go ahead and open up a topic about it since its not handlebar related, regardless, anyone have heard of the PHDS dampening system that´s bolted onto the triple clamp? Ive seen a lot of factory riders use them and im curious as to the feeling/benefits of them.

Another way to get vibs out of the bars...  don't flex like Flexx Bars.  I think they could prolong the ride more comfortable than not having them...  less arm pump and fatigue...  but for bad wrists I still think the Flexx Bar option helps more because there is just more motion.  Suspension for the arms.  And it's totally adjustable.  

Just depends on what you are looking for.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

They are HEAVY. You must use oversize clamps which may add to the bar height. I have three sets, bought used. The older bars only flex downward. The newer bars are dampened both up and down. They help with any hard impact which would get transfered to your hands. The way they are made (shorter arms) changes the vibration frequency that would normally end up in the grips.