Sign in to follow this  

Current RMZ 250 suspension

Hi guys, i have a 2008 rmz250 stock bike and am trying to set the suspension up. I race mx and would like to set the stock spring up as best i can. How far should i move the clickers? and what way? i weight 78 without gear? Thanks

I have an 08 RMZ 250 and weigh 165lbs in street clothes and I ran out of adjustment on the clickers. I was able to keep the stock springs but needed to have it revalved. If you weigh 178lbs you might need new springs. Getting the suspension set up correctly will let you get the full capability of this already superb handling bike.

ah ok thanks. Im 78kg which is about 170lbs i think. Should the standard springs be good with a revalve?

Not sure if it helps....but I just had my 08 revalved (front and back) by pro-action. I did not need new springs.

I forgot the most important detail. I'm 6' and 182. New springs where not needed.

bw33zy46 - Oh yes it is TONS better. The biggest thing you notice with a revalve is the ability to make mistakes that would have otherwise sent you over the bars. Other positives are less arm pump, cornering is vastly improved, and landings are much much smoother. Part of the improved corning was due to raising the forks in the clamps to 4mm insted of the stock 2mm

120mph is that 4mm over the top of the forks? Or 4mm under the top?

I forgot the most important detail. I'm 6' and 182. New springs where not needed.

that's VERY surprising they didn't put new springs in. I'm 185-190 and bumped the springs up to .46, the valving would be VERY stiff if I didn't.

Just curious, what class do you ride in?

the forks are 4mm above the triple clamp :thumbsup: From the factory they come 2mm over.

Yeah I was surprised that I would not need new springs either. My buddy has an 06 Rm-Z250 and he got his done the same time. He is 5'10 193 and he too did not need new springs.

In regards to the my class... I currently am riding Vet C class out here in Colorado.

im told i need new springs for my 08 rmz250? and i only weigh 78kg which is like 170ish pounds.?? Anyone no if this is right? also would shock need change because he said i didnt need it?

im told i need new springs for my 08 rmz250? and i only weigh 78kg which is like 170ish pounds.?? Anyone no if this is right? also would shock need change because he said i didnt need it?

yep, the stock springs are way to light unless they are going way over stiffen the valving. If your over 150-160lbs and faster than a mid pack C-rider, your gonna need springs.