Sign in to follow this  

intial review saddlemen gel seat

Guys,

Not sure if anyone else has gone this route but I just got my saddlemen seat mounted yesterday and took an initial ride to test her out. Now mind you it was only 25 miles of easy highway riding but this seat is VERY comfortable. Kinda funny but it feels hard at first but then as you sit on it gets more comfoprtable the longer you are on it. I got the cover with the neoprene center and though I am unsure of the looks I must say it is a very nice seat and allows you to slide around on the seat without feeling "slippery" if that makes sense. I will check back when the weather allows me to put some more miles on this thing, but as an alternative to a corbin or other custom type seat this this a great value for the money. Check out saddlemen.com to look at it, and remember if you order it is custom made and will take a couple of weeks.

Tim

Went on a nice 30 minute ride today and I gotta say I really like this seat. It is very comfortable and feels like I could take off and go on a long ride with no issues. Just a couple of quick pics......don't mind the stock rear fender and taillight......the black mx fender and BD light are in the garage just haven't made it on the bike yet!!!

seat003.jpg

seat001.jpg

B-man, not sure yet if I like the looks of it yet......it is growing on me and when I get the black mx fender and bd taillight on I think it will help the color scheme greatly. Very comfortable ride though, can't wait for good enough weather to take her out on a long ride and really give it the old "monkeybutt" test!!:)

I like it, but it "looks" even taller (thicker) than stock. Is that the case?

I like it, but it "looks" even taller (thicker) than stock. Is that the case?

Pretty close but probably a tad taller, it is definitely more dense so you sit higher, still so much more comfortable that for those of us who do a lot of street it a good mod.

Tim