Sign in to follow this  

Aluminum frame 2009 RM250!

do you really think it weighs 15 pounds lighter???? i doubt it

do you really think it weighs 15 pounds lighter???? i doubt it

Just to clairify he says 15lbs lighter then a rmz450 which is very likely.

Nice bike.

MPS has bean doing these bikes for a while they started with the CR500 AF bikes putting cr500 motors into crf 450 frames they couldn't use the 250 F frames becouse service honda allready has the patent rights on those but the are just fishing afound the 250 f frome is alot more nimble but sime bigger riders perfer the 450 frame so its realy aboute preference rather than over all performance ther realy is no competitive edge with the AF an 07 rm steely vs 07 AF mod its realy aboute style? if you have the money get one they look awsome and they are rare chances are you'll be the only one around with a suzuki 250 AF but i have seen MPS's new monster the lt500 AF Quadzilla 500 2 stroke in the 450 AF pretty sweet idea the Welds on the MPS bike are something to consider, i saw some bikes on ebay and the welds were covered with a rag??? alot o guys i know from the cr500 riders forum have them well like 5 and no problems so far, all are open class MX racres over seas UK and Aus but they love them and by the looks of the pictures from e mails they seem to be good bikes, I am getting MY 2004 CR 250 frame modded by MPS or service honda to house my cr500 engine this spring i am getting down to aboute $1800 for all the mods and welding and shipping also comes woth all the special pipes you need to finish it up, for 5K you could probubly get a new bike from MPS for neer that much. its a cool lookin bike though, don't know if any of this helps but thats just what i know of mps. Good luck and i would bet the bike is at least 15 lbs lighter than the 450 the only thing those motors are good for are is anchoring your boat in choppy waters:lol:

Nice bike but you can buy a stock used YZ250 or CR250 that already has an aluminum frame for much cheaper if it is that much of a must have. I thought the Suzuki RM steel frame had good handling and good frame geometry? :)

Nice bike but you can buy a stock used YZ250 or CR250 that already has an aluminum frame for much cheaper if it is that much of a must have. I thought the Suzuki RM steel frame had good handling and good frame geometry? :)

They do. I have a hard time believing that bike handles any better than a regular RM.

i thought YZs have steel frames?

i thought YZs have steel frames?

In 05 they got aluminum frames.