Sign in to follow this  

99-09 YZ250 Big Bore Kits

:) Is a BBK worth $1500-$1800 if I can make my bike between a 330 to a 380??? I'm torn weather to try it. What would you TT freinds do???

Thanks

You must have some really special needs to drop that kind of coin on a new jug.

I would ask Eric Gorr for his new 300CC kit that I think should be about 600 bones. Its a better bang for the buck, isn't it?

I think he may be thinking about building monster kits himself...I dont knwo this for sure...but its a guess.

So, 600.00 for 300cc's or 1500-1800 for 330-380. 380, maybe. 330, no way. Too close to 300 for the cost difference.

Realy, I am talkign in my own head so bear with me. 380 for 1500? No again. I can get a nice 2001 cr 500 for little more. I could then use the money spent for the yz 250 on a af upgrade.

Two strokes are dead in the big bore segment once the cost goes over x point. The point is ...who knows? For me, neither option interests me .

How do you get to 330+ without a custom jug & head or a stroker crank?

The stock jug aint going that big. No way.

I think he may be thinking about building monster kits himself...I dont knwo this for sure...but its a guess.

So, 600.00 for 300cc's or 1500-1800 for 330-380. 380, maybe. 330, no way. Too close to 300 for the cost difference.

Realy, I am talkign in my own head so bear with me. 380 for 1500? No again. I can get a nice 2001 cr 500 for little more. I could then use the money spent for the yz 250 on a af upgrade.

Two strokes are dead in the big bore segment once the cost goes over x point. The point is ...who knows? For me, neither option interests me .

I agree needs to be 380+ to make that cost worth while. I think even at 300cc it's not worth it to go BB. Does not seem very many people are happy with their 285's everyone is selling them. I think it takes a certain amount of extra CC over 300 to make the 250 still feel like a 250 but with more everything. I think the 285-300cc still has to give to get, ala trade offs. Where once you get closer to that CR500 recipe (400cc) the 250 style excitement is back and you have that too much HP/TQ than you really need and dont feel you really lost anything except some rev speed perhaps, but at that 400cc perhaps it's disguised by the extra power.

How do you get to 330+ without a custom jug & head or a stroker crank?

The stock jug aint going that big. No way.

Ya they must have made something like the PSI 250 to 425 kit.

From the sound of things, our thread starter is not afraid to make a cylinder....A mild running 380 could be incredible. I am thinking of an old time dirt bike powerband..low and mid. Piston life would be measured in years...