Looking for a good used PC or FMF pipe for a 94 RM250

Hello all,

I'm looking for a decent used pipe for my 94 RM250.

What years will work ?

I would think anything 93-95 would work, but for new pipes both Pro Circuit and FMF list separate part numbers for each year for some reason.

Would prefer a Pro Circuit if anyone has anything decent for a reasonable price.

• 2 months later...

I do believe that you are correct, but if you are going new, then just order a FMF Fatty and then you'll be golden.

When you've got it together drop me note, I went on an ORV ride at Cedar Creek with 2 other RMX's last week (a '95 and a '94, plus my '96). Having a 4th RMX in the group would be fun!

Zig,

I don't have an RMX, I have an RM 250.

Oops! ~ sorry about that! I just spent most of the evening looking up RMX stuff. ?

Looking up a pipe for a RM250 is a lot easier, and I'm still a big fan of FMF's Fatty.

The key is im looking for a decent USED PIPE, NOT a new one.

I could get a new PC Platinum or FMF fatty for my 94 all day long.

NOT looking to spend upwards of $200 though.

The only one I've been able to find is one that has a bent neck as well as numerous LARGE dents in the expansion section that some TURD has been trying to peddle off on greedbay for the past YEAR or so.

Ok, now it's making sense.

I would skip the one with all the dents. One large dent can be fixed, but fixing a bunch of smaller ones isn't worth it. Buying used is a opportunity thing, keep looking and be ready to pounce when something reasonable shows up. Also, anytime you notice someone parting out a bike that may have a pipe worthy of bidding on, even if they haven't listed it, ask them about it.

In the mean time, start selling what you can and pull some overtime when possible. Soon enough you will have the coin for a better pipe, or even a new pipe.

Keep checking ebay. Found FMF Gnarly for my '98 RM on ebay. It was new but only $60. I have to remember to check ebay for everything. I will buy something at rocky mountain new and end up seeing on on ebay new for way less.

It's also not an issue of NOT having the coin for the new pipe, that is no problem.

I'm just not looking to pay $200 for something that to me is worth about half of that.

This is exactly why I haven't just gone out a purchased a new Rad Valve for my RMX. $180 for a new one seems steep. And then it would be really nice to get a new muffler for my z450, but those START at $300.

This is why every now and again I sell stuff on eBay. It keeps my PayPal account high enough so that I can pounce on deals when ever I spot them.