Sign in to follow this  

Help!! Which bike should I buy?

I want power wheelies. I want to make moderate jumps. I want to ride slow without overheating. I want torque. I want a headlight and possibly a plate eventually. Which one is the best for this? wr450f, crf450x or exc530 Please give me some opinions.

The Husky TE510 is awesome (my roomate has one), pulls clean, power weellies, reliable, the EXC530 (my best friends bike) is also an amazing bike. they both fall right into everything that your looking for and they get my vote, and they are both 50 state street legal. This is something that i promise you will want. If you want to go cheaper, I have a DRZ 400s which once some mods are done to it is a great bike and i got mine for $2400 which beats out the $7000+ tag on the other two bikes. The CRFx is lame while the CRFr is amazing but its not platable. and the yammy.... well i'm just not a fan of riding blue. i'm sure its a fine bike though.

You should look for used dual sports on craigslist or somethin that way you can get a bike that is tricked out with some aftermarket stuff (steering stabalizers ect.), this is the way to really stretch those dollars. good hunting:thumbsup: :banghead::)

I love my KTM 530 but it has a very week head light and no cooling fan. But POWER is there every where! And the 6 speed lets you gear it down and still with a 13/50 sprockets and still run over 75.

I've owned quite a few dirt and dual sport bikes. 2 and 4 stroke.

Guess my reccomendation would be tell us more about what you'd like from your bike..

What type of riding do you plan to do? % of dirt to street.

Need lots of low end torque for sand,hills?

Want to go 70 MPH on pavement?

Ride for more than an hour non-stop on the road?

Can you pick up a 300lb bike on a hill by yourself?

Are you willing to modify your new bike?

Are you mechanically inclined?

Do you ride with others? What do they ride?

Whats your riding climate and altitude?

Do you mind mixing 2 stroke oil with your gas?

How far do you plan to ride in a given day?

And of course, how much do you want to spend?

I've owned quite a few dirt and dual sport bikes. 2 and 4 stroke.

Guess my reccomendation would be tell us more about what you'd like from your bike..

What type of riding do you plan to do? % of dirt to street.

Need lots of low end torque for sand,hills?

Want to go 70 MPH on pavement?

Ride for more than an hour non-stop on the road?

Can you pick up a 300lb bike on a hill by yourself?

Are you willing to modify your new bike?

Are you mechanically inclined?

Do you ride with others? What do they ride?

Whats your riding climate and altitude?

Do you mind mixing 2 stroke oil with your gas?

How far do you plan to ride in a given day?

And of course, how much do you want to spend?

and......do you want a NEW or USED Bike????:)

I tkink you should buy the 450 BMW. That way you can tell us if it is any good.

I havn't rode a 450 but I read about them both before I bought mine. The 450 feels lighter, revs faster and stays nimble even under power. The 530 doesn't feel as fast as it is. It felt slower then the 525(because of the smooth power delivery), but out ran it every time. It does not feel quit as nimble under full power but is light feeling when not at full throttle. They also said if you like to twist the trhottle but don't like to change tires you may not want the 530, it can eat tires. On mine, if you twist it hard it is spining the rear so hang on. I rode a friends RM 250 one day we went riding and it is not close to the same power as mine.