Sign in to follow this  

Blind-Sided by a fellow TTer

So i posted an add on here a couple of weeks ago asking if anyone had a TT-R230 exhaust baffle. I had one guy from Georgia "Touchtstone" offer to sell me his baffle, but he wouldn't part it from the exhaust. He wanted 55 bucks shipped for the entire stock set-up. After getting no other responses from my wanted post, I decided to buck up the change for the stock exhaust and assumed baffle. I sent him a money order and yesterday I get a box from UPS. I open it up and to my surprise is a TTR230 stock exhaust with the baffle removed. Check the box again and sure as the day is long, I now have two TTR230 stock exhausts with no friggin baffles. Called the guy, no answer. Sent an email, no response. Hard to believe a fellow dirt bike enthusiast would screw another over a measly 55 bucks. Times must really be rough in Georgia. Anyhow, still pissed I can't find a stock baffle for my bike to quiet it down and even more pissed cause I thought I had one only to be screwed over. :):banghead: :banghead: :foul::p:busted::crazy::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :foul:

Times are tough here, at least in the Atlanta area, but never tough enough to screw someone out of their hard-earned money. Hopefully it was an honest mistake and he'll get back in touch with you to straighten it out.

Maybe he didn't know what a baffle was and maybe he is out of town. Trying to think positive here but not working so well. Seems like a pretty stupid thing to screw somebody over on. All for $55!

Sorry Reedus, but this was completely preventable. It was stupid if you to buy from someone who only had one post. Hope you learned your lesson.

• Like 1

It's understandable that there are people who don't know the difference between a muffler can and just a baffle. We're talking TTR bike here. Most buyers of this bike are not too technically knowledgeable. Give him a few days to respond.

did u pay with paypal?

if you did, i would file a claim

that is if you dont get a response in a timely manner

I was blindsided by aaron he needed a plastic shroud for the front sprocket of a DRZ, I removed mine and said sure, you just give me what you think is fair. I even paid for shipping. I never got anything.

Sorry Reedus, but this was completely preventable. It was stupid if you to buy from someone who only had one post. Hope you learned your lesson.

Whomever left me bad gas for the above post, you're welcome to come on the thread and argue this. I would love to hear you explain to everyone how buying from a 1 post member is a good idea.

• Like 4

It wasn't me who left you bad gas, but I'm pretty sure it's the same reason why a lot of e-bayers won't sell me items. I only have a history of 2 sub-$100 sales and 0 buys. I've bid on plenty but always got beaten out at the end. Simply put, I don't have much reputation and someone selling a guitar amp isn't sure if I'm trustworthy because of it. Truthfully, e-bay requires a lot of time and effort I can't afford to get there. Maybe this is the reason why it was stated you shouldn't trust a guy with one post that no one knows anything about. How long has that person been a registered member? Same day you bought it, by any chance? He might be under another name now so he can continue doing this. Or maybe he really did make a mistake and doesn't know it because coming to TT isn't something he's into and has no need to look back. Hard to say.

It wasn't me who left you bad gas, but I'm pretty sure it's the same reason why a lot of e-bayers won't sell me items. I only have a history of 2 sub-$100 sales and 0 buys. I've bid on plenty but always got beaten out at the end. Simply put, I don't have much reputation and someone selling a guitar amp isn't sure if I'm trustworthy because of it. Truthfully, e-bay requires a lot of time and effort I can't afford to get there. Maybe this is the reason why it was stated you shouldn't trust a guy with one post that no one knows anything about. How long has that person been a registered member? Same day you bought it, by any chance? He might be under another name now so he can continue doing this. Or maybe he really did make a mistake and doesn't know it because coming to TT isn't something he's into and has no need to look back. Hard to say.

I'm kinda confused by this.. i don't think ebay works that way.. it's an auction.. highest bid takes it.. unless they remove the ad because a deal was made personally and early enough.

as for the baffle.. just baffling hahaha

I hope you get it worked out.. i'm sure you'll get a hold of him if you keep trying

Lots of sellers will state in their auction that they will not do biz with people with little or no reputation. Still an auction but the seller has the right to decide if they want "your" money or not. I've sent e-mails to sellers about this to get them more comfortable and they've told me to go ahead and bid. Not everyone will. You have to start somewhere.

there only $55.00 new on bike bandit.com I'M sure if you look hard enough you can find one new a little cheaper.

Whomever left me bad gas for the above post, you're welcome to come on the thread and argue this. I would love to hear you explain to everyone how buying from a 1 post member is a good idea.

Just gave you some gas, because your right. Why would ANYONE trust someone who has weak communication and only one post on the entire site?

Hope the best for you maybe the dude doesnt have a clue about what a baffle is ?? if he doesnt make an atempt to make it right sign him up for TT dirt bag list its free :)

I get on quite a few forums and never buy from someone who has 1 post, alot of scammers work that way. Not saying everyone who sells something and only posts once is a scammer but I don't take chances with my money. Kinda like on here on TT, I'm the new guy here and I won't even list anything for sale thinking no one would buy from me yet.

And I gave ya some gas a few hours ago AAJAKE. Thats about the best advise when buying from individuals on these sites. They show how reputations for a reason.

you got his return address dont you?

go to his house and raise hell.

or send him something super super nasty. a disease or something so when he opens the box and inhales hes gotta go to the hospital!! lol jk

Bucket of fire ants will do.

Put them in a pop-corn tin with popcorn, mail away. They'll have food, he'll have incentive to open it.

He won't forget the $55 as he's buying cases of hydrocortizone cream.

I'm kinda confused by this.. i don't think ebay works that way.. it's an auction.. highest bid takes it.. unless they remove the ad because a deal was made personally and early enough.
I think he's saying he's losing the auction to guys like me who wait and bid in the last 10 seconds or so.

I don't like doing it, but it's playing the game of buying at the lowest price possible and still winning often.

as for the baffle.. just baffling hahaha

I hope you get it worked out.. i'm sure you'll get a hold of him if you keep trying

I hope so too. If not, ship him nasty ants. It's slightly more legal than rattle snakes.

Bucket of fire ants will do.

Put them in a pop-corn tin with popcorn, mail away. They'll have food, he'll have incentive to open it.

He won't forget the $55 as he's buying cases of hydrocortizone cream.

I think he's saying he's losing the auction to guys like me who wait and bid in the last 10 seconds or so.

I don't like doing it, but it's playing the game of buying at the lowest price possible and still winning often.

I hope so too. If not, ship him nasty ants. It's slightly more legal than rattle snakes.

LMFAO, that gave me a good idea.

get a package that spring loaded, with a super strong spring. like the "can o worms" trick. only put lots of dog sh!t in it or something!! fire ants would work, old engine oil, rotten eggs or something. so when he opened the package/container. it shoots out in a spray and coats the wall behind him!

The last bad gas I got said "Very true, but still rude and insulting"

From now on make sure no one says anything true unless it is about rainbows and butterflies.

There are so many tools trolling here, we should change the name of the site to toolbox.com.