Sign in to follow this  

Cargo Trailer exterior repair/remodel/refresh

Just last night I bought a used Pace American 6x10. The price was excellent so I couldn't pass it up.

I can use it just as it sits, absolutely no problems. However, I'd like to clean up the 'look' of the exterior. I've done a lot of searching this morning, I can find new chrome hinges and latches and fenders and such . . . but can't seem to find body panels (the one I bought has been painted and looks 'flat'). I'd like chrome 'rock panels' at the bottom of the sides, and then nice new looking exterior side panels up to the top. Where do I look for 'panels' such as this? Thanx.

HB

You would probably have to do directly to the mfgr for pre-fabbed panels.

You could repaint the trailer in a gloss. Then again, it could come to life with a little elbow grease (light buffing) too.

As for the rock guard panels, these are nothing more than strips of aluminum or stainless that are attached to the body. The aluminum is cheaper, and looks nice for a while, but it dulls out in time.

You would probably have to do directly to the mfgr for pre-fabbed panels.

You could repaint the trailer in a gloss. Then again, it could come to life with a little elbow grease (light buffing) too.

As for the rock guard panels, these are nothing more than strips of aluminum or stainless that are attached to the body. The aluminum is cheaper, and looks nice for a while, but it dulls out in time.

"elbow grease"? "Elbow Grease"?! "ELBOW GREASE"?!?!?!?!?

How DARE You?!?!?

LOL! Just kidding around.

HB

"elbow grease"? "Elbow Grease"?! "ELBOW GREASE"?!?!?!?!?

How DARE You?!?!?

LOL! Just kidding around.

HB

Even using a power buffer, you'll have "greasy elbows" when you're done.:)

The last time I used the power polisher on aluminum, I made a chimney sweep look sanitary when I was done-filthy job.